Hello. I own a BMW / Mercedes shop. My name is David and I'm looking to hire someone in Orange County, California (Santa Ana / Costa Mesa area). I have been trying to hire someone ASAP and appreciate any feedback, I have already posted on craigslist and not exactly getting the skill level I need and want. Where would you post something if you were looking for a technician, see the post below. I am looking to hire someone ASAP... Any recommendations? My email is email@example.com
in case you know anyone looking for a job at a BUSY shop. I might even hire 2 people!!!! I would also be open to working with your program, if possible,.
BMW / Mercedes Automotive Technician / Mechanic (Costa Mesa / Santa Ana)
compensation: Based on steady work
Automotive Technician Job Description:
Looking for a great place to work? Our automotive tech will keep busy during the day by performing the tasks below:
- Examine and diagnose customer vehicle to determine service work is required.
- Accurately prescribe the correct repairs needed
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts if needed.
- Notify service adviser immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required.
- Notify service adviser immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed and Manage time and resources effectively
- Problem solve, overcome obstacles and make good decisions
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be used for personal purposes.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
- Installation, testing, assembly and/or turn up of new systems and equipment
- Troubleshooting and analysis of systems and equipment and coordinate actions to resolve problems as needed.
- Ensure that customer's cars are kept clean.
- Manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities, which may be broad in scope and complexity and may involve collaboration with more senior employee(s)
- Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
If you're the type of person who likes to start something and see it through, maybe we're a good fit for each other.
We believe a well trained Auto Tech is a great Auto Tech, so we'll keep you up to date on new technologies and give you easy access to digital manuals and reference materials, Safety is a priority.
- Skilled/Certified in two or more automotive specialties; Mercedes or BMW required
- 4+ years of repair experience
- Must be familiar with diagnostic utilities such SDS (Star Diagnostic System) for Mercedes Benz or familiar with GT1/Modic/Autologic Uitily for BMW.
- Must be able to perform simple tasks such as but not limited to, oil changes, fluid flushes, etc., but must be capable to perform complete engine re-builds and/or transmission re-builds and/or replacement on German vehicles.
- A valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- ASE Certified or Factory certified/trained required (credentials will be confirmed)
- Recent Tech/Trade School Graduate? We'd love to have you!
- Advanced education
- Your own tools
- A genuine love for cars and trucks - it's never work when you love what you do
- Be a self-starter and ability to work independently
- Exhibit a high level of initiative
- Wear personal protective equipment as needed but not limited to eye/face protection, flame-retardant clothing, foot protection, head protection, personal gas detector, respiratory protection, self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), utility gloves, rubber insulating gloves and hearing protection
Thank you again for applying. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME, EMAIL ONLY at CORDEROMICHELLE@YAHOO.COM
. WE WILL CALL YOU. NO RECRUITERS, SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY.