post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Nov 2014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS 1981 240 D diesel excellent shape

Hello everyone , I am a single guy from south Texas that is trying to sell my
MB 240 D so I can go back to school. I love this car and had many trips planned for it however, school isn't cheap and I will have to sacrifice this white beauty. I will be a descriptive as I can . I live in corpus Christi, TX my home town is one hour from here .I drive to our ranch on weekends and during my drive in an old town I spotted this MB sitting behind the side of a house . I got the nerve one day to stop and ask about it . The man stated he was given this car by his uncle that had passed he was elderly man ,his uncle purchased it from a man in san Antonio. who owned it for over 27 years . mb was purchased at Benson Mercedes benz in san antonio ,tx it was then passed to him when his uncle passed so he thought he woud let his teen daughter drive it to school .when he purchased the car his daughter hated it because she said it was to slow . so it sat there for about 8 months then decided to sell I come along and after a couple of drives I took her home. I have had this car over a year I put the original 14 inch tire size on it good year , the car needs to be topped off with a little oil evey now and then like once every 2 months . I currently went to the dealer and bought the 2 engine fuel filters,oil filter as well to change the oil. it is all original even with the radio, the antenna id broken , the air locks don't work the color is white ,with navy mb leathette interior . nice color combo I hand polished the car and hand wash it the trunck is perfect , back seat great the first aid kit is missing it does have complete jack,spare and tool set in trunk original floor mats as well I drive the car from my home town back it is a head turner it is strong and fun to drive . I had a certified mb dealer look the car over he sid the car is excellent engine wise but the motor mounts seem to cause some annoying vibration when you come to a stop light etc. I priced them and they are 120 a part .you will need to he did state it would be best to buy from the dealer for the quality so that was the plan. other than that the car is gret .the air condition does not work it it not locked but I didn't work on it this summer cause it is just too hot down in south texas. it has no rust one spot ont the rear window lower corner about 3.5cm x 2.5 in size, but the spot is not broken in it is just bubbled and I do know there is rust under there . I am looking to sell to someone who will keep this great car going the original owner took it to the dealer for everything .this man had the funds to not hesitate on any repairs. I have all of the other mb repair man he used other than benson Mercedes .however, I might be able to retrieve those records from there which I will be working on just to have as reference.i have never owned a Mercedes but I did fall in love with it its a really comfortable car and I feel safe in it im hoping to sell to someone that will see it the way I do as something to beautiful to se rot away .I do believe this car will drive across country right now. last winter if this helps any I did start it when our temp here went down to 27 degrees and it started well it just needs about 10 minutes to warm up which I always do. if you have more questions feel free to give me a call thank you all for reading and sorry for the long description but I wanted to establish the beginning of this car and how it ended up with me please call 1 361 354 9276 if you are interested in this car thank you 6000.00 obo /188,000 original miles.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: