LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Mar 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS- 1995 E300D -Greenwood, SC $4,200

I know I haven't posted much but I have been reading and utilizing these forums for the two years that I have owned Honz (the Car- a German nickname for Goldie Hawn and similar to the Fonz). Let me say that I would never have made it without you guys this far. I am selling her because I will soon not have enough time for her due to my wife and I having our first child and need something a little bigger for a baby and a pup.

The car is pretty much in the same condition as I got her except with some maintenance and part replacement. When bought it came with all manuals, but has a sporadic record history. Car primarily lived in Florida, did a small stint in NY for a year, then Savannah. That's off the top of my head. She has an excellent interior with a few knicks and bumps (2 small). The paint job is losing the clear coat but normal for a non-garage kept 20 year old car. For past two years she has been under a carport so condition of paint has not changed. She only has 114k on her and is still running dyno. Oil changed every 3,000 miles and Diesel Kleen every fill-up. Everything (Windows, air/heat, seats) works great except the headrest which is a simple plastic piece that has failed. The EGR delete has been done prior to me, but I would probably put it back on. This is a great car and have done several long trips in her in the past year. I will lay it down as honest as I know how or at least to the length of my knowledge. Comes with a few parts that I haven't had the time to get to (antenna, a top and bottom grommet, power steering fluid, brake pads) ....I am torn selling her but completing the nursery is taking a little more of time and that is just a small dose of what is to come from what I am told on a daily basis...

VIN# WDBEB31E2SC165611

The Good:
-114,xxx miles
-brake pads done last year
Recently done:
-windshield wiper motor and windshield (record)
-Rear differential mounts (record)
-Front and Back Flex disks (records)
-Has had wiring harness done (records)
-Just had an oil/oil filter and fuel filter change (Have a blackstone container)
-Newer CD player and yes kept the old one and changer
-tool kit still attached and first aid kit
-replaced two bad glow plugs currently being done at indy shop (record)

The Bad:
-Random hard shifts every once and a while (have checked modulator and it reads fine for vacuum while sitting haven't had time to test anything else...not terrible just have a hard shift every once in awhile)
-Cruise control just went out and haven't check relay or anything
-Blinkers work but do not turn off (Check relay it is fine, need to replace switch on stalk)
--Shop that I go to says its due to the EGR delete - don't know if its true or just a simple vacuum leak
-When windshield motor replaced the front molding will not reconnect to new windshield channel ( I have a junkyard piece ready for install just haven't had the time to do it)
-Missing windshield wiper spray reservoir and motor (easy junkyard find)
-I believe it has had a front end collision, but two shops that I have been too have said that it was fully repaired and nothing showed on carfax or whatever vendor I used when I bought it (Evidence of painted hood, new radiator, etc.) No pulling, no uneven tire wear, etc.
-Rear shock could be done in the recent future
-Small oil leak from timing chain cover - not noticeable between changes but does have a slight drip
More pics to come as I set up an image sharing account and get her back today or tomorrow from my indy shop.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kirkck87; 11-05-2014 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Used spark plugs instead of glow plugs like an idiot
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Mar 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Surprised no one pointed out how much of an idiot I am yet.......sparkplugs....what a rook...haha
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: