My girlfriend got a newer car and no one wants to buy this one, so to the parts pile it goes!
This is an '84 model (first year woo!) 190E. 2.3 L 4 banger, auto transmission. I'll have to look up what the rear end gearing is. Car runs and drives, stops ok. Idles not great, there are issues with the throttle linkage. Leaks a lot of oil. Transmission does not make any weird noises, goes through all the gears as it should, but lurches into reverse hard. Rear end is good, no noise or anything out of place.
Interior is black and really nice. Driver's door panel has sun cracks, dash has cracks. All of the wood is in great shape. Back seat has 1 tear. Driver's seat has some cracking. The inside has always been kept clean. Most everything works. All the gauges work, but the odo is broken. Car was missing the sunroof when we got it. Newer radio/head unit. 10" sub with built in amp.
This is originally an AZ car and has absolutely no rust. The body is very straight. There's one dent in the passenger side rear quarter. The paint is junk, from AZ sun. I believe the trunk spoiler is from a 16V. Certainly it isn't original, as it was installed with sheet metal screws (not exactly the MB way of assembling cars).
If you see anything you want, just ask. I will be taking the car apart slowly (I'm currently injured) and probably won't even start until the beginning of the week. I will price out parts as requested, until I really start tearing into it and posting things up individually.
List of parts replaced on the car in about the last year:
- Master cylinder. Metelli brand. August.
- Rubber brake lines, all four. Bilstein. August.
- All four rotors. Don't remember the brand, got them through Worldpac. Fronts in July. Rears in August.
- I rebuilt the front calipers in June. Brake Best kits.
- All 4 springs were replaced with low mileage OEM springs (130k) in June.
- Front struts. Monroes. June.
- Front Strut mounts. KYB. June.
- Brake booster is low miles (130k) OEM. April-ish.
- Fuel dizzy, AFM, FPR replaced with low miles OEM (130k). April-ish.
- Front tires are good, low mile Michelins.
- If I can remember anything else, I'll add it. I've got a lot of sweat time in this car.
If you need something, please email me at Roughandreadyrebuilds@gmail.com
or post in the thread. I don't know how to get this site to notify me of when I get a PM.