post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2014
Vehicle: 2007 S550 Automatic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS '07 Silver S550, 23,500 Miles

Sorry to just crash the forum, but I'm no stranger to forums as I am an active member on multiple motorcycle forums. Technically, not my car but it belongs to my father's estate and the sale of the car has been stagnant to say the least since the attorney is in control of the sale of the vehicle. I am hoping that I could possibly steer some positive buyers who are interested in getting a great deal. I can't provide pictures since I'm currently out of state but will be back next week. But you all know what it looks like. Great condition with low miles. Original owner. Never crashed (important for motorcycles).

If it hadn't been sold to the dealership already, PM me and I can provide you with the attorney's name and number. The dealership's will buy low and sell high, so it's just a shame that they will be marking up the vehicle. Yes, they will clean and touch it up, service and provide a warranty. But if anyone is in the habit of buying from a private seller, here's your opportunity to get blue book value, since the dealership is offering well below blue book value.

I will be updating this OP next week with pictures. If it's still for sale.

Kenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 01:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You sound like a nice guy, but this posting is kind of a waste of space.

No pictures, no real info, you don't own the car, you don't know if it's sold, and you're not sure when and if it can be sold.

I'd suggest speaking to the attorney and getting an OK to post it for sale, post their info if it's OK with them, get some pics, etc.

This just sounds like an exercise in frustration.

Bruce
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2014
Vehicle: 2007 S550 Automatic
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemendel View Post
You sound like a nice guy, but this posting is kind of a waste of space.

No pictures, no real info, you don't own the car, you don't know if it's sold, and you're not sure when and if it can be sold.

I'd suggest speaking to the attorney and getting an OK to post it for sale, post their info if it's OK with them, get some pics, etc.

This just sounds like an exercise in frustration.

Bruce
LOL...waste of space, didn't realize how precious it was to create a thread on this forum. However having combined over 10,000 posts on various forums, I do admit there is not a whole lot here, as I mentioned the pics are coming but honestly not going to be any different than other S550 with 23,000 miles that has been babied. And I do have a vested interest in the sale of the car since the estate does trickle down to me along with others. The car has been just in the way as I try to clear out the garage every time I go back.

My intention here is that if there is anyone who is in the market to pick up a S550 at Blue Book Value or possibly less, here is an opportunity. The stealership is offering well below blue book, which is understandable. If it's going to be sold at that price, might as well go to a private buyer and have them save some money. Can't really blame the attorney either, he's a very busy man and going straight to the dealership is the easiest, but yet safest way to get rid of the car, which is why I can't understand why it's taking him this long to just sell it. If it were up to me, the car would have been gone in a matter of days if it was posted on this forum from the first place, but yet it's just been sitting in the garage for five months.

Any serious inquires can PM me and I can provide more details along with the estate attorney's contact name and number. I'm just trying to help out a Benz enthusiast. Again, it is a Benz and there is a lot of money on this forum so money may not matter for some and then it would be a waste of space.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 01:51 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: '89 420SEL, '93 300E and '07 Hyu Santa Fe
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
No dealership will give you more money then carmax.
If you are in hurry to sell and want best bang for it, Ask your attorney take it to carmax or contact Bruce Mendel on this forum. He seems to be interested in low mileage cars and might get you premium.

'93 300E 2.8, Green (205K...)
'07 Santa Fe SE, Natural khaki (95K..)
'04 S500 (122k..)
-------------------------------------
'89 420SEL, Diamond Blue (154K..) Retired
'08 kawi 250R, Red (10K..) (Sold)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 07:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasrider View Post
LOL...waste of space, didn't realize how precious it was to create a thread on this forum. However having combined over 10,000 posts on various forums, I do admit there is not a whole lot here, as I mentioned the pics are coming but honestly not going to be any different than other S550 with 23,000 miles that has been babied. And I do have a vested interest in the sale of the car since the estate does trickle down to me along with others. The car has been just in the way as I try to clear out the garage every time I go back.

My intention here is that if there is anyone who is in the market to pick up a S550 at Blue Book Value or possibly less, here is an opportunity. The stealership is offering well below blue book, which is understandable. If it's going to be sold at that price, might as well go to a private buyer and have them save some money. Can't really blame the attorney either, he's a very busy man and going straight to the dealership is the easiest, but yet safest way to get rid of the car, which is why I can't understand why it's taking him this long to just sell it. If it were up to me, the car would have been gone in a matter of days if it was posted on this forum from the first place, but yet it's just been sitting in the garage for five months.

Any serious inquires can PM me and I can provide more details along with the estate attorney's contact name and number. I'm just trying to help out a Benz enthusiast. Again, it is a Benz and there is a lot of money on this forum so money may not matter for some and then it would be a waste of space.
It does sounds like a good opportunity. My reply was based more on if the opportunity is there or not, as it sounded like you were not sure if/when the car could be sold to a private buyer, not about the merits of the car.

Bruce
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 01:10 AM
Sith Lord

Date registered: Sep 2009
Vehicle: 72 280SE 88 560SEC 92 E500 6.0 95 SL320 14 GLK350
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
This forum will list classifieds for enthusiasts with actual cars / parts for sale / trade.

Unfortunately this post is on the virtual side, with not enough information on the vehicle, no indication on its ownership, and little to trigger a true enthusiast curiosity.

Please do list a complete and detailed classified once available.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in