*Update* - The SRS light goes off when there is a passenger in the car, so it is most likely a faulty seat belt or passenger sensor.
*Update* - Price change to $3900
Hello and thanks for stopping by. I am selling my most fantastic purchase, a 1999 C43 AMG. Before seeing it, I didn't even know this car existed, I had to do a little research to make sure someone hadn't just put on some AMG wheels and fake badges, but this car is the real deal. One of only a handful to reach the US (1147 to be precise), this car is a wild one. Light weight, huge engine, what a thrill.
This car is not in perfect condition, but it is pretty darn nice looking, and the problems are relegated to cosmetic issues and the SRS light. I'll list the minor issues:
- Needs a new headliner
- Steering wheel shows signs of use
- Driver's side mirror needs replacing
- Front bumper is loose, needs to be bolted back on properly
- Small paint damage (slightly bigger than credit card) on the rear bumper
- SRS light was on, I have not had it checked *Update* - likely just a seat belt sensor b/c this light goes off when there is someone sitting in the passenger's seat
- Aftermarket radio has been removed, but the vehicle has all the proper wiring for a system including subwoofer
- Buttons to collapse the rear seats are missing
- A/C does not blow, I have not looked into this issue
- Breaking is a little bumpy, I think it just needs new pads, but could be the ABS. The ABS light is not on, but I just want to play it safe and let you know. **UPDATE - Had it checked by a mechanic, he said not the ABS, most likely needs to rotors to fix the bumpy breaking
So there's that, but like I said, it's mostly just little cosmetic stuff. The good things:
- 110,500 original miles
- Solid motor and trans
- No scratches or marks on the paint
- Seats are in very good condition
- Clean Title, No Accidents or major problems (verified by CARFAX, see pic)
- Full-sized spare with matching AMG wheel
Then there's the Strange/Ridiculous:
- The previous owner modified the exhaust and replaced the original with straight pipes. No muffler, EXTREMELY LOUD haha
This car is an absolute blast, especially with the modified exhaust. If you think a built up mustang or camaro sounds throaty, you haven't heard nothing yet. It looks just like a regular C-class sedan to the untrained eye, but when you push the gas and hear the car roar, you know its so much more. This is a fantastic vehicle that just needs a little cosmetic love to be pristine.
If you have any questions or would like more information, let me know!