BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: '99 CL500 / '04 E55 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Providing everyone with an in depth update. Really getting into detail down here. Much of this is expected in a 14+ year old car, I'd rather just be up front about things, small or large.
- Driver front window switch has the infamous w140 droop. Depressed slightly into the console. I'm providing a new switch from the dealer.
- Driver front window regulator needs replacing as the window moves slower than it should now. Brand new regulator provided from dealer.
- Left front parktronic display unit does not illuminate fully. The LCD display is still visible and audible, just no back lighting. Doesn't bother me honestly, system still works as it should.
- Cigarette lighter/port does not work in the front or back. Not sure if it is fuse related. I'm not a smoker and my phone is always charged or I carry a backup battery pack.
- Three of the instrument cluster bulbs were out causing only the speedo to work. I replaced all of the bulbs at once with new ones.
- Passenger side rear headrest does not drop when button is pressed. Haven't looked into it, could be vacuum hose related, I keep both up.
- I mentioned both seat belt tensioners need a tightening or rebuild (both can be done for $150, reputably)
- Lumbar adjustment dial does not seem to work, again vacuum related. Never bothered me.
- No issues with anti-glare rear view mirror
- Sunroof and rear window shade operate as they should
- Both seat heaters function
Suspension: When I say like an AMG, I mean comfortable, but well controlled. Retains the smooth ride the w140 is known for, but much of the body roll and bounciness is now gone. I can compare the ride to that of Comfort Mode in my E55.
No major dings or dents to really worry about. The car does have some small dings, nothing that stands out at all, especially for a black car. It would do it wonders if it received a professional detail.
BAS/ESP light came on today - light actually turned off and I haven't seen it light up when I give it it's weekly drive around the block.
Passenger-side headlight wiper - motor reset back to its default location. It will at times get stuck when headlight washers are used.