A 209 820 7889 Comand for W209 CLK 2008-9 includes Navi DVD - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2005 CLK500 w/23K !
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
A 209 820 7889 Comand for W209 CLK 2008-9 includes Navi DVD

Hi, if you look through my recent threads I got a Star DAS system and finally went to set my ISC to "Comand= Present". I discovered that W209 MOST based cars used 2 different Comand Systems. The 2008 and 2009 cars used a slightly different system and sadly I have a 2005 CLK.

The only real difference is minor but was bugging me. Won't work at all in Pre MY 2005 cars. If used in a 2005-7 this unit will not allow you to set the time or timezone. So, this will only work PERFECTLY in a 2008 or 2009 CLK. Will NOT fit in a W203 exactly right, is really only good for the listed model and years.

Unit is in excellent cosmetic shape and perfectly functional. Includes a legit MB original Navi DVD from 2006-7 as well as a backup copy DVD from my 2014 (latest version).

As an added bonus, if you live in Los Angeles area I will offer FREE STAR PROGRAMMING to enable full function. You will need to source an aftermarket GPS antenna if you are doing a retrofit. I can give advice on this as I updated from an Audio 20. If you had a Comand that died, you won't need to bother with antennae.

In the caveat department, this was installed in a car with HK Logic 7 system and it also believed it had a CD player and Telephone installed. It is quite likely that if you DON'T have all those things in your MOST bus config, you may need STAR DAS to reset MOST ring. When I got a proper 2007 system to put in, it came from a car that had a different setup and was dead silent MUTE until I reconfigured MOST bus via STAR.

In English...it is quite possible that if you install this and your CLK isn't EXACTLY like my CLK that you will have no sound output until you connect with a STAR system. It literally takes under a minute to do once you have one, but in all honesty, a MB dealer will charge you around $120 for that minute. (MB of San Fran will offer to do it for $600, they're jerks)

I will be listing on Ebay for $600 but will be happy to sell to a member here for $500 cash or $550 Paypal. Ideally you live nearby and I can help with install and then set up in STAR for you.

If you are retrofitting, even if your setup matches mine, you still need STAR to see directions in the speedometer and I think that the directions will be in lower volume until you do. Happy to help do the install if you are local but things that involve breakable trim pieces I will NOT be the one to pull them out.

So, SoCal residents who can come by with CA$H get FREE STAR DAS programming for this unit. I can toss in a CODE check, but I don't know yet how to save from the Dell 630 onto something you can take home.

Pictures were taken before and after I removed from my car last week. Perfect function.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3711.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	990521   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3728.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	990529  

Last edited by 93SoCal400E; 06-14-2014 at 02:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2005 CLK500 w/23K !
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Hmm, no bites.

$400 cash?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 07:45 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2012
Vehicle: 2005 Mercedes Benz CLK500
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my dash looks exactly the same with the same climate controls. so your saying it wont work properly in the 2005 clk500?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 09:45 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2015
Vehicle: CLK 350
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still for sale?

I am interested if you still have it for sale.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 09:32 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle: 2008 AMG CLK63 Convertible and the wife's 2008 CLK350 Convertible
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
I'd love it, but we're saving like mad for a new house and 'er indoors wouldn't let me buy this right now if my life depended on it (think many parts vs. rusty bread knife...), although, strangely, a trip to Aspen over Spring Break IS allowed (grrr...)

Semper In excretio, solum profundum variat.
"Everything not Invented by God is Invented by an Engineer” - Prince Phillip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in