Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
AMG Multi-Piece, Style I

Authentic Mercedes BBS AMG Style I 2 piece wheels

Bolt pattern: 5x112
Wheel Size: 7.5J x 17
Offset: ET 42
Tire Size: 225/45 R17 (recommended)

Preface: I do not have to sell these wheels. Please, serious buyers only. Also, if you do not like something about the wheels or something about the price, please be courteous and keep it to yourself. Thank you in advance.

As the title states, I am selling my Authentic Mercedes BBS AMG Multi-Piece (Two piece), Style I. I purchased these wheels a few years back and they weren't in the best condition. The pervious owner thought it would be a great idea to smooth the faces of these very rare wheels. He attempted on one of them and was unsuccessful and he did not want them anymore, which is where I come in. I purchased these wheels for my 1999 Audi A4 1.8T quattro. I wasn't sure how I was going to have them refinished until I spoke with a gentleman at Forgeline Wheels in Dayton, OH. After thinking long and hard about it and multiple discussions, I decided there was only one way to make these wheels look uniform and really stand out. I know the purist will want to scream and I apologize for that, but remember, I didn't have a choice. My only option was to have the //AMG logo filled in and smoothed. I had Forgeline do this for me and they did an excellent job. Not only did they correct the issue and make the wheels look phenomenal, they also polished the lips of the barrels that turned out great as well.

I have been trying to locate a set of these wheels, but I could not seem to find them. I decided to call my local Mercedes Benz of Cincinnati. After some digging by the parts manager and matching the part numbers to an AMG, we found the wheel and name. That being AMG, Multi-Piece, Style 1. When I asked him (Tyler) why I couldn't find these wheels anywhere, he informed me that these wheels came from an AMG late 1980's early 1990's. Not only did he say that, but he also mentioned that these wheels were not on any AMG cars sold in the US, you could only get them in Germany and even in Germany there weren't many AMG's that had these particular wheels on them. I asked what the price of a set of these wheels would be. He informed me that these wheels can still be purchased, however, they can only be ordered directly from Germany and the price per wheel is $1,700. That being said, the price that I am asking, I believe is fair.

The wheels are in good shape. They have been off of the car for a while, because I sold the car earlier in the year. I do have tires on them, but they are in bad shape. If you do not want the tires, I will gladly have them dismounted from the wheels.

What you get with the wheels:

Ball seat bolts
Matching Center Caps/valve stem caps- Affalterbach

Price: $2,500 (buyer pays shipping cost)

If you have any questions, please send me a PM.

Thank you,

Tok3ng likes this.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 03:55 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Sep 2010
Vehicle: 1995 "half cast" e36 wagon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I seem to remember these were listed on Cincy CL for a long time and at about half the price.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: