A very well cared for and VERY Fast and Extremely clean, custom full build by Chris J. of Floored Fabrication in Arizona. Flawless roadster, with custom clear bra, top of the line Llumar Ceramic tint, no nicks, scratches. or dings at all. All original 2 owner car, perfect paint and original body, no accidents no damage ever. The car is Diamond Silver Metallic with charcoal leather interior and maple burled wood inserts and comes with Mercedes all weather floor mats. It has heated seats, auto sensor wipers, uses the new MB series key (the chrome ones like the new cars have...not the ugly old black ones), dual zone climate control, all the electronic power adjustable options on the seats, HID lighting and daytime running lights, and all the standard AMG features (bigger brakes, supercharged hand built engine etc..etc..).
Low mile car (67K over 11 years is just over 6K per year since new). Runs better than cars with much lower miles as it's been properly maintained and highway driven 99% of the time, all fluids serviced, dampers and ABC suspension in great shape, no SBC brake problems, Top works perfectly, new battery installed. Engine oil changed every 3.5K miles with Mobil 1 and BG MOA and 44K treatment applied at each oil change, all fluids synthetic, trans has been flushed properly, chassis bushings, control arms, joints, and sleeves properly lubricated at intervals. I am extremely meticulous and knowledgeable about the R230 cars, I've owned 2, an SL500 and this SL55 AMG.
I am in my late 30's, a professional and a car enthusiast; I've owned several different cars from each German marquee at one point or another. I bought this car from it's orig. owner who only kept it for a few years before I purchased it on a trade in almost new at the time.
Clear title, No accidents, Clean carfax, full records and service history included and a folder with each and every receipt, work history, - I have kept meticulous records and documentation. Car also comes with original owner’s manual and related material.
ONLY complete Chris Jannasch of Floored Fab SL55 AMG full build, although he's designed and fabricated parts for most all of the fastest supercharged 55 series AMG cars. It was extensive, took a year, and he’s likely not to do another one, this is all hand crafted, brilliantly welded, tested, and thought out as a whole - this is the finest level of custom work, the following are some of what has been done to this car:
- True Long tube custom floored fab designed and fabricate headers by Chris... custom mid section x-pipe and full exhaust w/ test pipes and with 200 Cel cat pipes also if you need to bolt those on... this is all Jet hot coated inside and out
- custom intake including filter boxes runners and Y-pipe, custom aluminum sheet metal tig welded then coated, it's a 3 piece part crafted by Chris
- Custom 82mm Throttle body with CNC machined bored S/C sleeve
- ASP custom (and very rare) 185mm Pulley
- dual I/C pumps, Front mount Heat exchanger and trunk mounted Remote Reservoir separated cooling circuit for Supercharger...custom setup by Chris with the hand fabricated tank under the trunk divider for easy access, the cooling loop ensures that the charger is operating effectively without ever getting into heat soak
- quaffe LSD
- MBArt toe link kit
- MBArt custom Adjustable Camber arms
- High performance BMC air filters
- SDS ride height adjusted and properly set up with the toe links and camber arms
- OE tuning engine management performance tune, done by Jeremy and ties the entire build together, the car really benefits from this tremendously and Jeremy is the best out there as many know from the cars he has tuned and their performance.
- comes with dyno charts - 509.2 hp/ 589.6 lb-ft TQ on Jeremy's Dyno Dynamics tuning dyno in California which reads approx. 20% lower than dynojet (equivalent numbers are 611.04 hp/ 727.52 Tq) AT THE REAR WHEELS!!! I am more than happy to dyno the car again at a dyno of the potential buyer’s choice with the potential buyer before purchase to verify the power the car is making, no problem.
- Specified cooler spark plugs and all new injectors done during the build
- custom Single slat grille
Asking $32,500 USD for the car as it comes with factory wheels and tires.
You can also choose to get the new/never used CCW drag pack 16" rear with MT Street Drag Radials also available for additional cost ($1,250) for Wheels and tires.
I consider this car to be the ultimate SL55 AMG, it looks factory on the inside and outside, but built with no expense spared (over $25K invested including all parts, hardware, extras, and services), I really put a lot into this car!
As for performance the car stock it did a 12.03 @115 mph on street tires that's before it went to Chris at Floored Fab! Chris built this car to run 10.xx and have the drivability of a daily driver, those two main goals were our objective in this build. I personally believe this car has that potential and think we’ve reached our goal. Car idles smooth and drives like stock all day in traffic and over all road and highway conditions like any normal car until driver wishes to engage throttle down.
Reason for sale, I took deliver of another car which is also a front engine, rear drive GT car, and moving to the city does not afford me the additional temperature controlled private garage space these cars deserve. If such were not the case I would keep this truly special SL55 AMG
Several members can vouch for this car and this build, Some of them are Chiromikey and Alan (one of the fastest if not the fastest E55 around), Benz-O-Rama (Clayton), Ahmad (Blackbenz), Jay (Absolutelydriven), guys over at ACGSD, Charlie, Chris of Floored Fabrications, Jeremy of OE Tuning, and more. A lot of these guys helped along the way.
Please contact me for to set up an appointment to view and drive the car, discussion, details, and more pictures. Email at email@example.com
or call/text to (202) 641 - 8211 and if you do email please follow up with a call or text if you don't hear from me within 24 hours as it may have gone to my email filters.
Thank you very much for taking a look at my ad and I look forward to your inquiries, comments, questions, and finding the right owner who will appreciate this car, and all that I have had done and cherish her like I have. Serious inquiries only.
Here is a full set of pictures:
Here are some teaser shots:
Here are some videos as well!!
2003 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Start up, idle, and drive off - YouTube
2003 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Engine Idle - YouTube
2003 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Drive By, Exhaust Sound - YouTube
2003 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Drive By, Exhaust Sound - YouTube