Up for sale is my 1981 Mercedes-Benz 300TD with ~221,614 miles. It has been my daily driver for a little over a year, during which time I have repaired several small items. The car originally came from California and ended up in East Tennessee about 4 years ago. With its California heritage, there is no rust that we can find on the vehicle.
***I also have all receipts from the life of the vehicle.***
Some of the small repairs that were done while I owned the car:
- Replaced striker plates on three doors so they would shut better.
- Replaced one strut in the rear liftgate so that it stays up, but won’t hit you in the face as when replacing both struts.
- Replaced the glow plug relay.
- Recharged the air conditioner, it blows cold with recharge.
-Replaced the drivers window regulator with a manual regulator. The parts from the electric drivers window control are included and all other power windows work.
* Also all exterior lights work.
There is one small dent in the rear liftgate (in photos) and a few places here and there where clear coat or paint is chipped but nothing down to metal still on liftgate (took pictures, but couldn't get them to show up very well).
The interior is tan in color and in good shape.
- There is a small tear in the driver's seat that I repaired so that it would not grow (in photos).
-There are some stains in the cargo area that is RIT dye .OOPS (in photos).
-Dash is not cracked, we were told it had been replaced in California.
-All instruments work.
- All floormats are still there, and there is a set of weather tech rubber mats also included. -No leaks.
- It has the original Becker AM/FM cassette stereo. Radio works great, cassette player doesn't seem to. If you can find one of those cassette head cleaners, it probably would.
-The vacuum locks leak down after a while and open very slowly unless the car is running.
The engine starts and runs well. It consistently has gotten 27 mpg with most of the driving in town. It burns about a quart of oil every four tanks of fuel, mostly when pulling from idle. I did general maintenance on the engine (changing oil, filters, etc) but no problems mechanically. We took it on about 4 or so 600 mile trips with no problems. No problems around town either for that matter. Transmission shifts smoothly. Michelin tires have about 80% life left in them.
I have loved this car but had my first baby and convinced myself I needed a newer vehicle. So here you go!
Please call or text with any questions you might have. I would like to at least get my money back out of it. It is listed on Craigslist for $5,000.00 But I am open to negotiation.