Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDad View Post
Dan,

Thank you so much for not trying to be a jerk. I bet when you really try you can be a Big Jerk. You have no idea what my situation is but you want me to sell MY cars following your rules. Wow, some people have some nerve.
I have made contact with some very nice gentlemen because they were polite enough to call me as I asked you to do, but instead you went to the internet and berated me. Since you are such a big internet fan you should Google the word "telephone". You can actually talk to people on one of these devices and explain the situation and not jump to conclusions that someone has not done their due diligence. You can even send pictures with a telephone. I sent them to the people that called me and I know you didn't think it would sell, but you were wrong.

Good luck finding your 300SEL 6.3.
One person in particular stood out by acting like a jerk here.
A warm 'Thank You' for leaving the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 05:42 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2013
Vehicle: 82 300D,90 350SDL, 98 S420, 97 SL500, 94 S420, past owner W108/W112/W114/W123/W124/W126/W140/W220
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDad View Post
Dan,

Thank you so much for not trying to be a jerk. I bet when you really try you can be a Big Jerk. You have no idea what my situation is but you want me to sell MY cars following your rules. Wow, some people have some nerve.
I have made contact with some very nice gentlemen because they were polite enough to call me as I asked you to do, but instead you went to the internet and berated me. Since you are such a big internet fan you should Google the word "telephone". You can actually talk to people on one of these devices and explain the situation and not jump to conclusions that someone has not done their due diligence. You can even send pictures with a telephone. I sent them to the people that called me and I know you didn't think it would sell, but you were wrong.

Good luck finding your 300SEL 6.3.
My points, which, I might add, were echoed by others in the thread whom you chose not to take to task, were that without an idea of price and some pictures I wasn't about to invest my time to pursue this, nor would most members of this forum. "My rules", as you state, are not "my" rules by any stretch of the imagination, but expectations of the members of this forum. Read the forum rules and you will see this clearly stated.

We've all been in this situation, where someone advertises a vehicle with minimal description, no price or pictures, only to find that the cars are totally misrepresented. I am not suggesting this was the case here, but past experience is a good indicator of future behavior. This was the basis for my request and comments, all well founded.

I find it difficult at best to believe that you suddenly sold all three cars in short order using the methods described. Rather, I would posit, you chose to withdraw them from the market realizing they would not sell or your expectations were unrealistic (not that it matters.)

Either way, your response was childish and pedantic, and not what one would expect from a member of our forums. I am saddened by your behavior.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 06:56 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: '55 W120 180, '08 W211 E350 Sportline
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm not taking sides in this debate, but I can see that if someone was thinned skinned or was having a bad day might take your comment "There is this wonderful resource called the Internet" as a little condescending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWB250 View Post
My points, which, I might add, were echoed by others in the thread whom you chose not to take to task, were that without an idea of price and some pictures I wasn't about to invest my time to pursue this, nor would most members of this forum. "My rules", as you state, are not "my" rules by any stretch of the imagination, but expectations of the members of this forum. Read the forum rules and you will see this clearly stated.

We've all been in this situation, where someone advertises a vehicle with minimal description, no price or pictures, only to find that the cars are totally misrepresented. I am not suggesting this was the case here, but past experience is a good indicator of future behavior. This was the basis for my request and comments, all well founded.

I find it difficult at best to believe that you suddenly sold all three cars in short order using the methods described. Rather, I would posit, you chose to withdraw them from the market realizing they would not sell or your expectations were unrealistic (not that it matters.)

Either way, your response was childish and pedantic, and not what one would expect from a member of our forums. I am saddened by your behavior.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by mangrum; 04-03-2014 at 06:58 AM. Reason: spelling
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 07:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2013
Vehicle: 82 300D,90 350SDL, 98 S420, 97 SL500, 94 S420, past owner W108/W112/W114/W123/W124/W126/W140/W220
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Point well taken. I agree.

That being said, the response was far out of proportion to the original post. I would add that several posts prior to mine suggested the inclusion of pictures and selling prices would yield better and more responses, however, the OP chose to ignore these suggestions.

While in hindsight I agree that my comment was snarky and added nothing to the discussion, the OPs decision to pick up and leave was theirs and theirs alone. People offered suggestions and they chose to ignore them.

Dan

Last edited by LWB250; 04-03-2014 at 07:25 AM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 07:11 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2004 E320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The OP came here for advice on the cars left behind by his deceased Father. He needed information. He said he would supply pictures once he got up to the property where the cars were left behind. What was accomplished by treating him in a manner that hastened his departure in a angry huff? He certainly won't return the next time he needs advice on an old Mercedes Benz he stumbled on to. He certainly won't refer anyone else here when they need advice on a Benz they discovered. If anyone was watching the treatment he received and they were considering stepping forward to announce a car they discovered , they too might think twice about asking for any assistance for fear that they may get scolded for not supplying the right amount of information. I think this could have & should have been handled in a much better manner....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in