The mechanicals of this car have come back so easily so far, that I think this car has some more years of enjoyment in it. I'm planning on grinding, acid-washing, POR15-coating, and priming the affected upper rust areas. Hopefully that will make the car more presentable. Whether I get into welding the rocker panels is TBD
. It could be a great learning project for someone with a welder (me).
I am looking to build a parts request list to break this car down. I will get detailed pics hopefully later today.
The car runs, but is probably not worth spending another penny on it as bad as the rust looks.
Please PM me with parts requests, and include:
1) price you are willing to pay including shipping.
2) YOUR estimate of what shipping from Philadelphia will cost.
- Becker radio works
- passenger seat has just one small 1" peel in bottom MBTex
- rear seat
- hubcaps appear dent free.
- wheels and tires
- engine sounds good when warmed up
- speaker grill on way to me via $25 ebay purchase. Dolt!
- all removable panels look good/have no rot. Doors, hood, trunk.
- all blinkers and lights/high beams are working (except passenger low beam).
- all lenses appear intact, but fronts look crazed.
- oil gauge registers and occasionally pegs as it should, but I haven't gotten it running enough to determine if other gauges work.
- steering wheel cracked
- radiator has a leak, to the point that the seller had just topped it off on Monday (and purchased Thursday).
- front door pockets busted off
- rear driver door hard to open and close at the hinge or something. Sits correctly so it isn't body sag.
- fuel delivery needs attention
- almost looks like dog ate driver back outer bolster, and there appears to be a rip in the bottom cover too.
- rot in spare tire well
- rot in both front rockers
- surely other rust/rot in other areas to be found.
- horn and wipers not working yet (fuse?)