Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 1999 SL500 Sport / 2003 CL55 ///AMG / 1999 S600
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1998 Mercedes Benz CL600 V12 with 90k miles
1998 Mercedes Benz CL600 V12 Coupe with 90k Original Miles and clear Arizona title.
Mushroom Exclusive Interior
Burred Walnut Root wood inserts
Wood Steering Wheel
Front and Side Passenger Airbags
Front and Rear Parking Sensors
Amazing Bose surround sound stereo system with 6 Disc Changer
Factory Preservation Paint Coating
Dual Pane Glass
Parktronic Parking Sensors front and rear.
Paint looks great with no fading.
Engine is very strong and sounds great. Engine isn't pulling any codes for any sort of work that need to be completed.
-New Windshield (OEM)
-New Transmission contact plate (OEM)
-Recent detail and carpets cleaned
- 4 New O2 Sensors
Things that need to be completed:
- Car came with the option of Adaptive Suspension which is a common failure on W140 series Mercedes. Recommended to be replaced with non ADS suspension such as Bilstein shocks at all 4 corners. Estimated cost for parts - $550
-Transmission solenoid needs to be replaced ($50 at the dealer), which involves dropping the transmission oil pan and replacing solenoid in the new contact plate that was just put in 3 days ago. This issue is causing the car to start in 2nd gear, will shift to 3rd, but will not shift into 4th. Easy job for the mechanically inclined.
- Sunroof railing needs to be serviced / oiled.
- Rear sunshade needs service
- Trim piece around rear view mirror needs to be replaced. ($20 part)
- Front seats are worn and either need to be replaced or nice sheepskin covers to go over them. Center armrest needs to be replaced / repaired.
- Front grille needs to be either repaired or replaced.
- Front bumper cover is cracked at both corners. Needs to be repaired.
- Passenger side fog light is cracked.
- Paint on the side view mirrors has the clear coat cracking. (see photo)
- Rear Antenna needs to be replaced.
- One rear headrest motor needs to be repaired.
I am selling the car because I do not have the time to invest. No surprises with this car - all issues have been listed. Would be a great buy for a mechanic or someone that likes to work on cars.
Would entertain the idea of a trade for another Mercedes ONLY. Must be late model and under 100k miles with comparable initial price tag. Not interested in any other types of cars.
Last edited by Ryan G; 02-23-2014 at 07:06 PM.