FS: Socal: Smoke Silver 1990 300CE twincam, $2750 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: always shopping for another benz..
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: Socal: Smoke Silver 1990 300CE twincam, $2750

pics here: 1990 Mercedes 300CE Twin Cam Coupe - will take some better pics and post them up. Feel free to call the number in the ad, just make sure to state you saw the car listed here.

I have for sale a pretty solid and attractive "driver". It has 147k miles, and shows and drives well. Smoke silver on cream beige leather, burled walnut wood grain. Recently passed CA smog and has new tags.

EXTRAS:

Added a set of 17" staggered AMG monoblock wheels, 7.5"fr, 8.5"r. Also added a heckblend at the rear(removable). Has quite a bit of stereo upgrades --- infiinity speakers, alpine CD, 2 amps, 2 8" free air subs, and the previous owner installed a few extra speakers... This install is pretty old, and I would recommend re wiring it all.. So think of this as an "extra" above and beyond the "factory stereo".. i am not demanding a premium for this crap(although it is high quality components).

Had the transmission serviced twice and it it shifting as it should. Paint is honest and in great shape for a "Driver"... some slight oxidation and delamination(looks like minor oxidation, but is not repairable -- youre welcome to get a 2nd diagnosis from an expert detailer) Leather is nice, no tears -- a full detail and redye and it will look like new. Wood grain is surprisingly vibrant for a socal car(no sun fade) so i think it spent most of its life garaged. Everything else in the car is in "Serviceable" condition.. and the car is well behaved.

NEEDS:

-02 sensor -- currently getting quotes on repairing this - if i do, price will be firm at $2750.
-Front brakes pads have 40% life, but were not "chamferred"(bevelled at edges) so they sometimes screetch at times, below 3 mph.
-Driver seat frame needs repair -- there is a support bracket that is broken and requires welding -- seating position is not affected.
-Obligatory oil leak -- i fear it may be coming from the head gasket; note: there is no coolant in the oil, nor is there oil in the coolant.

Selling cos i think i want back into a late model E38 BMW sport.. had one a few years ago, and noticed theyve come down quite a bit in price. Im just not enamored enough by the w124's to consider them a "life long keeper", so I think its best I stop spending money on it and keep the car affordable for its next owner to elect the reconditioning work per his own preferences.. I will take some pics later today and post them here, in the meantime here is my craigslist ad, with a few sloppy cell phone pics taken(note, Smoke silver may be the most impervious to dirt color that ever existed!! car hasnt had a wash in over a month) :

craigslist ad: 1990 Mercedes 300CE Twin Cam Coupe

asking $2750.. relatively firm on this price.. If youre not a fan of the AMG wheels and have some 15" or 16" MB wheels, bring them with you and I will deduct $500 from the price.

Im gonna skip taking more pics.. got lazy and just shot two videos instead. Here's a quick video fo the car kicking down from 3rd to 1st and winding out till 3rd gear.. the other clip is a 7 minute walkaround(still uploading from my phone, will post the link in a few hours.. )

QUICK VIDEO driving:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000069.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	790202  

Once, i thought i was wrong; but i had only been mistaken...

Last edited by OGMERC; 02-17-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Also, will trade for a nice motorcycle! Would like a 2004+ triumph bonneville(cash on my end), or an old 70's BMW airhead, r60 - r100(straight trade, or possibly cash on your end).. been jonesing to build a street tracker/scrambler/brat cafe hybrid..

i feel like I owe it to sharing a pic for those that havent seen a bitchen BMW street tracker, or a clean non-hipster cafe brat style triumph!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bmw-r100-street-tracker.jpg
Views:	1244
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	790218   Click image for larger version

Name:	triumph-thruxton-1.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	790226  

Last edited by OGMERC; 02-17-2014 at 12:32 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
just bought a new 2001 BMW 740i sport(guess i kept my word, lol)

the benz has 150k miles on it now.. nothing has changed condition wise aside from the miles.. Actually, i forgot - I did install a new o2 sensor and did have it smogged and tags renewed a few months ago.. CEL is on( i unplugged the battery to reset things to pass smog): EGR valve is dirty and i dont

New price $2500 firm. Will sell with stock tails and no heckblend for $2350. No real need for me to offer this car at a lower price(its on OC Craiglist for $2950).. just want it gone as i dont need two cars.. still open to trade for slick motorcycle tho!

i dont frequent this site, so best way to reach me is by PM so i will get email notification -- please include a good email address or phone number with your message. thanks!

heres a pic taken yesterday after a quick wash:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20140729_191358.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1061041  

Last edited by OGMERC; 07-30-2014 at 07:18 PM.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014, 09:10 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2011
Vehicle: 1980 230TE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGMERC View Post
Also, will trade for a nice motorcycle! Would like a 2004+ triumph bonneville(cash on my end), or an old 70's BMW airhead, r60 - r100(straight trade, or possibly cash on your end).. been jonesing to build a street tracker/scrambler/brat cafe hybrid..

i feel like I owe it to sharing a pic for those that havent seen a bitchen BMW street tracker, or a clean non-hipster cafe brat style triumph!
Completely off topic but the first cafe race-ish bike that I don't feel like I need to be a hobo drinking pbr to own.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014, 11:20 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2010
Vehicle: 1981 240D
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
How has this not sold yet??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in