post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle: 1979 450 SEL 6.9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: 1979 450 SEL 6.9 for parts

I took over ownership of a 24 Hours of Lemons 6.9 with the interest of running it in a few races this year. However, after taking a look at the car in the daylight it's not worth the effort to get it to a safe condition. The floor is totally shot and there is a ton of rust elsewhere, plus the existing cage is terrible. If you're a good welder and have the time you could race this car, but it's probably best as a parts donor.

Now for the good news. The engine starts and runs and generally sounds good. The suspension works. It will lower after 10 days of sitting, but 5 minutes of running and it's right back up.
The transmission is also good, although it has a small, slow leak that I was told is one of the seals.

I'm just looking to recoup the shipping and other related costs, which means you can get a ton of parts for what I hope is a very cheap price.
$900 for the whole car. No usable interior parts (it's already stripped). Located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I'm open to working out a local delivery, and will happily coordinate with any shipping companies.

Oh! And I'll throw in a FREE set of EBC Blue Stuff pads we had custom-made before deciding to give up on this project.

Here's the car during its former glory days. It looks worse after sitting in Florida for almost 2 years.
Malaise Heavyweights Do Battle: 1979 Mercedes-Benz 450SEL 6.9 versus 1975 Ford LTD Landau | The Truth About Cars
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 04:06 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Sep 2010
Vehicle: 1985 300D W123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
PM Sent
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: