We are looking to sell our '82 wagon. I've put a lot of work into it getting it mechanically and functionally sorted. I had intended to keep this and turn it into our new family car, but I am at the same time trying to start a business. We're getting low on resources, so this has to be sold. I am into this more than what I'm asking for it, but those things happen with old cars so I'm told. I have all receipts for parts and repairs. PM me if you're interested in a detailed spreadsheet of these.
Light Ivory Exterior / Sienna Red Interior
Clear title in hand
edit: price drop!
I'm looking to get $4350 OBO. We're in Fairview, UT - about an hour south of Provo, or 1 hr 45 min from SLC.
See the CL ad here:
1982 Mercedes 300TD - Great Candidate for Full Restoration
Album with more detailed pitures can be seen here
Great mechanical shape. Over $3000 invested in parts and service over the past year to get the car's mechanicals completely sorted and reliable. I ran out of resources before finishing the interior and exterior cosmetic restoration as I am in the process of getting a business off the ground. The car now just needs a new owner who can finish the interior and exterior cosmetic restoration to achieve a totally restored classic Benz.
• Rebuilt front and rear suspension. Nearly all OEM or Lemfoerder brand parts used. New front and rear suspension bushings, motor, trans and differential mounts, spring pads, ball joints, tie rod ends and more. New Bilstein rear coil springs. Fully rebuilt self-leveling system with new OEM accumulators.
• Engine is strong with good compression. Recent valve adjustment and new valve stem seals installed.
• New tires and alignment by dealer
• New Monark injector nozzles - pop tested and balanced
• New rear calipers and new master cylinder
• Plus many more. PM for a complete list of new parts and repairs
• Original California car until 2012 when it came to Utah. I purchased this in Aug. 2012. It has had covered parking and has not seen any road salt since I've owned it.
• No rust and solid body. The car has been repainted. There are some flakes and blemishes in the paint and shallow dents on the lower passenger-side doors. The exterior finish is overall OK and will last for a while in its current state.
• The Interior is in overall good shape. The automatic climate control and cruise control systems were both serviced and each works well. The wood dash trim is in great shape. There are a few cracks in the dash covering. The front seats are Palomino though the rest of the interior is Sienna red. The seats can easily be dyed using the same process as the original manufacturers to match the Sienna color at a modest expense. The carpet has been replaced with a complimentary colored generic type. Original matching carpet kits are available to restore to original specs.
$4350 obo. PM for any questions or for more details. Car is located in Fairview, UT.