Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 12:24 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2007
Vehicle: 1985 500SL - 2002 SL500 Silver Arrow Edition
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Seats sure look comfortable. That is the only snarky thing I'm going to say... The rest is serious as I'm shopping for a clean 300SD or 300CD.

I don't have much information to go on. One over-shopped photo followed by several blurry dark ones that tell little other than a heavily oxidized engine bay and totally collapsed spine ruining seats, but a fantastic color combination. Service history? Ownership history?

Could be a very nice car, but hard not to assume the worst based on the lack of information and the photos.

Original AC (working?) and suspension? This is where the usual "just needs a charge" and "rides great" lines come in handy.

I google your phone number and it comes back as a contact for a body shop. Alarms go off. Are you a licensed dealer, as you seem to sell lots of cars. Was this car wrecked and repaired?

There are two right ways to flip Mercedes. One is the cheap flip, notice the word cheap in there, and the other is to get the car in top notch shape to command top notch money. Very hard to sell in that gray area unless you're comfortable with being dishonest. No judgement here, but most choose to be dishonest. As Bruce Mendel says, "every seller lies" even the innocent by omission or ignorance.

You're not going to find an uneducated buyer with $5000 wanting to spend money on a car like that. Jetta, Passat, 3 series, most certainly. Smelly old diesels draw a tough crowd.

85 500SL: 1984 300SD: 190k 1997 S500: 226k
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2013
Vehicle: 1985 Mercedes 300 SD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hi Tyler. Not sure if you really interested in the car or just bored. Either way, I'll try to clear things up for you.
My number comes up to a body shop that I previously owned. I did not own this car at the time, so that really has nothing to do with that. I apologize if the 24 pictures in the ad did not show you what you were looking for,if there is anything in particular you'd like to see I'm more then happy to show you.
I have not owned this car for long, but from what PO said the most recent maintenance on the car was fuel injectors, I personally noticed that the QP has been professionally repaired, and the rest if the car is in excellent condition. With that said its a 1985 the seat springs are loose, there are a few blemishes on wood grain, radio does not work, and am not sure about the engine oxidation, the engine bay is very clean as is the underneath of the car. I've listed this car here expecting someone that knows these cars to come look at it, and therefore I have no intention of trying to hide anything. I don't think my asking price is top dollar, and I have no problem keeping it and driving it daily as I have been. Am a serious seller, enthusiast and overall car guy, so I appreciate your interest and commitment to "keeping them honest". I know car business and a MB forum is not a place to flip cars, but rather pass in a classic to a enthusiast who will appreciate it. If you are seriously interested I don't think you will be disappointed it's a really beautiful car and truly runs like a dream. (-10) outside today started right up. Anyway feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in