BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2000 Mercedes SL500R, Brilliant Silver on Black Nappa Leather, Recent Updates, TX
2000 Mercedes SL500
Exceptional Brilliant Silver on Black Nappa Leather
Driven approx 5k miles/Year
2 Tops Including Hard Top, Stand and Cover
- Original MSRP: $84,375
- Many Recent Updates and Maintenance
- Documentation and Receipts
$13,880 - Trades Considered
Recent Updates and Key Maintenance
- 744 Brilliant Silver
- 231 Black Nappa Leather
- 731 Burled Walnut Trim
- 740 Black Soft Top
- Complete Rebuild of Hydraulic Top Actuators from Top Hydraulics <500 Miles
- Overhaul of Central Locking System with new Fuel Door and Trunk Elements
- New OE Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
- New Console Slider Assembly
- New OE Headlamp Wiper Arms/Motors/Washer Pump <8k miles
- New Upper Shock Mounts <10k Miles
- Valve Cover Gaskets <10k Miles
- New Michelin Pilot Sport AS Tires @ 72k Miles, $992
- New Gold Battery 11.13
- Mass Airflow Sensor <15k Miles
- New Engine and Trans Mounts <15k miles
- Brakes <15k Miles
- Alignment <10k Miles
- Headliner and Hoodliners - $900
The interior carpet and leather are exceptionally clean and in great condition with near zero wear. The center console wood has one tiny crack - nearly invisible.
The paint responded fantastic top my usual Clay Bar and UNO Paint correction, becoming highly reflective and optically pure. I touched up some normal wear and tear chips on the nose. The deck lid has three minor spots where the hardtop bumped coming on or off at one time. These have also been touched up with base/clear.
The top looks nearly new with a crystal clear rear window. The hardtop is in great condition having a storage stand and cover included. The recently rebuilt hydraulics with full system fluid flush should bring years of trouble free operation. The hydraulics cyclinders all carry a 3 year parts warranty.
Great color combination, great ownership pedigree with tons of maintenance and documentation. The car was under SGS warranty until 2009, so nothing was left unattended. The only item not currently functioning is the accessory CD Changer (which really seems obsolete). We'd be inclined to add a factory Bluetooth integration module.
One functional factory key/remote, spare key and all books included.
Non Smoker, Accurate Mileage 74,800, No Accident History, Garage Kept, No Dings or Dents, Runs/Drive Perfectly, No Check Engine Lights or Codes, No Known Defects.
Bring Trades. I purchased this car from a neighbor who had to have a Jag. It needed some attention. I like taking nice cars and making them near perfect - this is a hobby of mine.
erictornwall @ gmail dot com
Last edited by Closer_2001; 12-25-2013 at 03:20 PM.