amg aero 1 rims - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Dec 2013
Vehicle: 1986 190e 2.3,1992 190e 2.3 white/grey interior,1992 2.3 190e black/black interior
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
amg aero 1 rims

does anyone know how much amg aero 1 /monoblock rims 16x 7.5 et 40 are worth ? /
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 04 E500; 00 SL500 Sport/Pano; 94 E420; 92 500E; 92 300CE; 81 380SL
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Aero I value?

Originally Posted by GR190freek View Post
does anyone know how much amg aero 1 /monoblock rims 16x 7.5 et 40 are worth ? /
These are semi rare wheels that have a limited market because of there small 16" size.

Bigger is better in todays world, and 17's, are much more sought after. 17inch Aero I's sell much faster than 16's.

So to answer your question, the value is really what anyone is willing to pay, & how bad do you want the?

Important factors are age and condition, (older is better).

1 -Pre-merger AMG wheels command more value, identified by ONLY the initials AMG in the wheel face, nothing else. Post merger has AMG and the slashes. There are other slight differences, but the logo is the most noticable.

2 - Once you've identified Pre-merger or not, then condition really sets a value. Are they chromed, Powder coated an off color, lots of curb rash, bent cracked?

3 - These wheels have very rare center caps, almost impossible to find, and may have to be custom manufactured at a machine shop. Expect to spend $100 or more if you need any of them. Mercedes doesn't stock or make these.

Refurbishing chrome wheels is really expensive, usually you should walk away from chrome wheels if de-chroming is in order.

Powder coated wheels that need a color change or repainting can cost a lot to be refurbed, but something to consider.

Abused wheels with lots of rash, cracks or bends, again are doable, but the cost to fix needs to be taken away from the asking price.

OK, so lets assume these wheels are not chromed and in good condition.

I would guess $600 to $800 without any need to refurbish and start subtracting refurb costs from those ranges, if they need refurbish.

And again, these are semi-rare wheels, for really good ones they might be worth a little more if your really motivated, as these don't come around for sale all that often.

FYI, I own 2 sets of 16's and 2 sets of 17's myself, so I have some experiance. I have found the pricing to be inconsistant, some folks know what they have, and some are cleaning out a garage and haven't a clue.

SL's & 124's
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: