Bought this car last summer with plans of totally restoring it, but just haven't had the time to finish and don't forsee things changing anytime soon. . .time to pass it on to someone who can get the job done!!! As it sits this is a fantastic W124 and has been my daily driver. It runs & drives beautifully and will only improve with a little TLC from the next owner. . .
1994 E320 Wagon, W124/M104
~203k miles - registered, by me, as 250km high-miler with Mercedes Classic Center, includes badge/folio/etc.
Teal Blue Metallic w/ Mushroom Leather
located in St. Petersburg, FL
* ~2k miles since COMPLETE cylinder head refresh
* zero throttle actuator/harness issues
* transmission shifts very well, quick into reverse, no flaring/hard shifts/etc.
* receipts for ~$3k in parts since I bought it in June 2013 - many spares/new parts still need to be installed!!!
* shiny paint, rust-free GA/FL body w/ history/records
* clean interior, several typical W124 issues recently addressed/trim/etc.
* ice-cold A/C, system leak free
* sunroof/power antenna/vacuum interlock/hatch struts/windshield wash/wipe/window regulators all functioning normally
There are, of course, a few other issues that need to be addressed. The front shocks are at the end of their life and have a bit of "float" over bumps. Shock mounts have cracks, left side tie-rod has some slop. I was planning to address all of this in one big sweep - suspension is otherwise excellent. There is at least one intermittently sticking/leaking fuel injector as there is an occasional long crank/stumble that clears up immediately - I have a full set of used injectors I'd planned to have re-built. Someone replaced the ignition lock cylinder with one that doesn't match the key for the rest of the car - new cylinder needs to be ordered from MB/keyed to the car/VIN so that once again a single key operates everything. The EGR valve's membrane is toast & I haven't found a good source for a new one - the EGR pipe is clean, just need to find a good valve & re-enable the EGR system. The secondary air pump is noisy. The B-pillar trim covers/seatbelt surrounds and center armrest cover/lid are both currently being re-done by my trim shop, will be done & in the vehicle before I sell. I have several other little things that I haven't gotten around to yet - a citric acid flush (MB) + new coolant to put in the system, some MB transmission fluid + a new trans pan/gasket, several other little things I can't think of. . .