post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Dec 2013
Vehicle: 86 190e 2.3 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Emre-K View Post
If it's a running 16v with nothing more than mild front end damage, I can't see how parting it out makes more sense than fixing it and selling it whole.
No, the interior is SHOT. Paint badly faded, No title, auto trans. Sitting for over ten yrs. Would take thousands of dollars to make it even a driver, and no way it would ever be a rightside-up restoration. Way too far gone. Sorry.

Only posted these parts up because as a guy who can't find the e30 m parts I need, I recognize there are people out there who could use this stuff. Trust me, NO ONE would ever undertake a restoration of this car. But I agree, its always sad to see one get cannibalized.
Parting it out is honestly the most realistic way for this car to live on, in some small way. Financially, I wish I'd never seen it. I'm 800 in red, not to mention all my time and garage space I've wasted on trying to salvage these parts.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 10:55 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle: 1986 190e 2.3-16
Hey man, I'm looking for a windage tray AKA oil baffle for my cossies. Mounts onto the main bearing caps inbetween the crank and oil pan keeping oil from splashing on the crank and foaming. Also the spark plug cover... Lemme know if your interested
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 05:19 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle: 1987 190e 2.3-16v
PM sent regarding rear SLS shocks.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 05:28 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: '87--190E 2.3-16v(being rebuilt), '99--C230 Kompressor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
lets see some pics of the whole car, you make assumptions about a car that your obviously not familiar with due to the fact you are more interested in the competition's version. getting a title for a car is not that much and there are more then a few of us with the parts to completely fix the car and get it up to it's running glory, interior condition can be replaced with standard 190 parts or even gutted, paint is relative, the only major issues that one would run into is dealing with what rust is on the body. could even easily be made into a scca race car. don't discount us 190 enthusiasts... i'm possibly interested in the entire shell and engine if it's still complete condition

i need my star cleaned too

'99 C230 Kompressor
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: