Well, the show is going well and I'm able to buy a car another car every so often. So for this Christmas I would like a 126, 560 SEC.
Simple requirements actually.
1) NO, Black, White or Gold cars.
2) Under 75K miles.
3) I love service records.
4) NO cars that have names. It's a machine, not a teddy bear or stuffed animal. Treat it with respect, not as a cute furry thing you tuck in at night.
5) NO rust or bodywork, ever.
6) No cars claiming to be a "clone," "fake", "faux", "fraud", "replica", "phony" or whatever the current word someone slings to pass off something that isn't real.
7) If you say it's a real AMG car you MUST have paperwork otherwise you can tell me you're the Nigerian Oil Minister or Chinese Princess and I'd believe you just as much.
8) NO cars that look like they came from the JC Whitney catalog version of AMG. I have seen cars that have every AMG accessory they ever produced (and many that they didn't), from decals everywhere to who knows what. Most real AMG cars did not have every single option from every single year loaded unto one car according to RB.
That said..... I like 16" Penta's. Real ones, not fake ones of course. If you have a REAL AMG body kit that might be nice, but might not. The quality control back then was... uh...er... "lacking," so to speak.
9) If you felt the need to put 18" or larger wheels on a late 80's or early 90's car please ignore this posting.
And MOST of all....
10) No, absolutely NO, salvage or junk titles, whatever they are called in your state.
I spoke with this one guy who tried to pawn off his POS car that either he or some previous moron put way too MUCH $$$$ into it - or so he claimed, before he found out it had a salvage title. DUH.
I was nice but I told him just because HE got taken by some scam artist doesn't mean I should. He should have done his homework.
I offered him $2500, probably about a tenth of what he paid and told him it would be nothing more than a parts cars for me, it was that bad. The term "Jalopy" came to mind when I saw pics. The workmanship was below substandard and truly poor. Clearly a case someone who doesn't know cars being taken by someone who doesn't know cars but preys upon the uninformed. I kind of pity the guy who put that much $ into it but there's one born every minute or so the saying goes. All that was missing from the car was the "Built by Gypsy's On the Run" license plate frame. You truly had to see this "work of art" to appreciate how bad something can be. Sad part is the guy said someone paid a lot of $ he didn't have to build this only to sell it at a loss, not as great a loss as the current owner will take unless he finds another sucker like himself, but a loss nonetheless. Oh well.
So PLEASE no junk-salvage cars.
In other words... I would like a good honest car at a fair price. I don't have to ask the bank, my mother, wife or anyone else. For the right car I can get on a plane today if you know what I mean.
The car will be inspected, at my expense of course, by a reputable shop/dealer/person of my choosing in your area.
A deposit will be made by Paypal and the balance by wire transfer unless I decide to come out myself, or send someone, in which case cash will be given at your bank in exchange for the car, keys and title.
If in California it must have a current smog certificate.
I will arrange transportation if necessary.
No PM's, my box is full and I'm too lazy to clean it out, besides I don't log in here very often so please send an email to:
"Ron500E" on Gerry's list, I'm there all the time because I'm just learning about 126's and need the technical knowledge Gerry kindly shares and not some fluff at this point.