Selling my daily driven 87 Merc 300TD with 225k miles. She's driven every single day and has been driven daily by the two owners before me. Has been a Midwestern car since purchase. First owner was a dentist in Madison, Wi and the second owner was purchased by a bar owner in Janesville, Wi - as of maybe 6 months ago it was purchased by me and anally kept up with preventative and regular maintenance.
I do not have the maintenance records from the dentist, 2nd owner misplaced them, but gave me the complete list of records kept by himself. Among them are: AC replacement (AC currently works great and I use it about 10 minutes every so often in the cold weather to keep it lubed), hatch strut replacement, ball joints, rear hub lower bushing replacement (PITA for those who know), and much more. All of the records are from the same shop the 2nd owner used around Janesville. Anytime the car needed something, or potentially needed, the car got it.
- AC Works and doesn't leak. Has been converted to R134 and I have no complaints.
- SLS Works and doesn't leak. Not bouncy and is firm.
- Interior is just about damn spotless. The dash does have 3 cracks in it, but nearly every blue dash has cracks. The rear seats are missing the headrests. 2nd owner said he had them somewhere, but still hasn't gotten to me about them. Oh well. Seats are tear and stain free BLUE MBtex. I install the later model ashtray (push style, rather than pull out style) because I've always liked it better. There is a Kenwood Stereo with Aux cord. Works great, but it needs a subwoofer in the car, it's pretty weak on that front. The front seats have tight and NON sagging nets behind them. I replaced them because I hate the look of saggy nets.
- Runs great. No odd noises, no weak running. I replaced all the vacuum lines and fuel filters less than 1000 miles ago. Oil has been changed every 3500 miles with Bosch or Merc oil filters only. I'm running synthetic or synthetic blend oil only (whichever I can find cheaper at the time).
- Transmission has absolutely NO delays. You put it in reverse and it goes right in. No hesitation. You can't feel the transmission even shift when driving normally. Easily one of the smoothest transmissions I've had in any of my W124's. Fluid is bright red and clean. Does not smell burnt and has no browning.
- Tires are in great shape and definitely have less than 15k miles on them. I'm not sure exactly. They're more than adequate for winter and maybe next.
- Cruise control works
- New exhaust a week ago
I take this car on 600mile round trips to my parent's cabin in Northern Wi every few weeks. This thing hauls down the road at whatever speed you want (within reason of course). Just set the cruise control and you'll get a consistent 28-30mpg. I get 25mpg driving in the city. Seats are supportive and not sagging, so long trips aren't a disaster.
The car does have a couple small rust spots. Notably, the passenger front fender has a spot that rusted through, but a replacement white fender would easily remedy that. The passenger rear quarter lip has a small but starting, and the passenger front rocker has a hole that I poked through checking for rust. The supports for the jack are in perfect shape and the rust hasn't spread any further. I was going to repair this particular spot before salt hit the roads here, but I just haven't found the time. If you can weld, or know a welder, it'll take less than a few hours to prep/patch/seal the repair.
Body is straight, car has never had any accidents, no dents. Paint does have some wear from those automatic car washes, but I buffed/polished a small bit by hand and a perfect finish showed itself. Car is otherwise clean.
It starts perfectly in this cold weather, without hesitation and drives great.
I'm not sure if I'm missing any details, but if you have questions, please ask. You can text me at 773-706-9210 or call me anytime before 4pm. I'm asking $3500 Or best offer
On to pics: