post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 08:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: 96 Saab 900S Conv., 01 BMW 330i, 05 MB C230, 07 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 737 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acleppert View Post
Green T, What are you, last nights erection? Go away! I don't care what you do, so why do you put so much attention into what I'm doing? I assume you still are in your parents basement playing benzworld police officer. Get out and do something more productive with your time. Go experience some sunlight and suck down some fresh air instead of cock. Maybe even hit the neighborhood coffee shop and try interacting with a woman/guy that you don't have to blow up or pay for. Do something other than wasting the time of others.
Quote:
Not sensitive, just annoyed with the childish behavior from some of the members on this site.
Pot, meet kettle?

Like I said already, I don't care what your reasons for selling them is. Just wanted to point out that you will not get that kind of money for these cars on this site. It's just a fact.

Put them on Ebay and see where that leads you with your price aspirations.

1986 Honda V45 Magna
1991 MB 300CE
2001 BMW 330i
2005 MB C230K Sport
2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 10:16 PM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Hi guys, what's going on in this thread?

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 11:46 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: always shopping for another benz..
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420 SE View Post
Hi guys, what's going on in this thread?

OP comes to site looking for price discovery information, then buys the two mercs of interest and then posts them for sale.. And he will now experience "price discovery" first hand..

good luck with the sale.. I dont think youre gonna get any traction at the price point youre asking, but it never hurts to "ask"! Anything over $4k for both examples requires the cars to be super clean, cosmetically and mechanically.. I suggest doing some reconditioning to both cars if youre seeking a "premium"... However, if you cant make them 100% cosmetically "clean", and at least 80% mechanically "tight", i wouldnt bother spending a dime on them -- you wont get it back.. buying and reconditioning old cars for re sale is a difficult practice.. again, good luck to you!

after recently owning 2 twin cam coupes, i stand by my assessment of value: they are absolutely more marketable than a w126 sedan, and should be valued between $1500 - $5k.

just sold a $1200 example(good bones, some CA DMV back fees and smog due), and own a $2500-3k example that I am driving now -- and I know of a good friend's primo 92 CE for sale in socal for $4500 which is as good a car/deal as you will find. Anything over $5k is a dream, unless it's absolutely MINT.

I say all this cos on these forums, when it comes to selling a car, i feel you need to cut the fluff and get right the honest truth of giving transparency in value and condition.. Ebay and craigslist is where you can "try" your attempts at seeking premium above and beyond what a car "should" be worth.. that being said, im gonna post my coupe for sale here -- and everyone is welcome to speak their mind if they feel it keep my offering "honest".. lol

Once, i thought i was wrong; but i had only been mistaken...
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 01:33 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 1988 Mercedes 300ce, 1994 e420, 1994 E500, e320 coupe, 500e, 95 E420, 83 300d 4spd, 85 280e 4spd
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera1683 View Post
W126 is available in coupe too and is/was the top dog in it's day. No way should you pay more for a 300CE than a like condition W126.
w126 is more expensive to service, burns more fuel and its slower. Thats why a 300ce is more expensive most the time.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 01:42 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 1988 Mercedes 300ce, 1994 e420, 1994 E500, e320 coupe, 500e, 95 E420, 83 300d 4spd, 85 280e 4spd
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Not sensitive, just annoyed with the childish behavior from some of the members on this site.
People hate it when you can flip a car to them and make money cuz they cant find one to lfip and dont have the experiance to do so. I get hated here alot too. And yea my threads get poluted to the point an admin was called upon it all and some coments got deleted. Dont listen to those people here they comment on all these threads and never ever buy anything. Evryone is a genius on here LOL. I got offers of 2K for a car I sold for 4.5 so there you go. People dont respect that you are bringing these cars to light and try and have them back on the road with a good owner that will make the car outlast all the other pieces of shit on the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in