Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: 2002 E55 AMG (W210) - $6500 firm

CAR IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!

For sale is my 2002 E55 AMG. I have owned it since 2007. Here are the details:

$6500 firm. I think this is a fair price to move this fast which allows for people to fix any issues they find to make it a top notch vehicle.

111k miles. The miles will go up. I will drive this every few days to keep it fresh.

Located in Willowbrook, IL 60527.

Overall, it is in solid condition, but has typical signs of age for an 11 year old car. I am extremely honest when I sell a car, probably to my determent, but I am going to list every bad and good thing I can possibly think of so you and I know exactly what the deal is.

The car runs very strong and is very fast as you would expect from an E55. All major mechanical functions are great.

Until a year ago, this car was my daily driver, then I found a deal on a Honda Accord to use daily, with a plan to bring the E55 back to it's perfect glory. I have made all necessary mechanical repairs but have lost interest and am going to move onto something else.

Here is what is new or recent on the car:

- Tires have 30k miles on them. The tread is fine, but they are a bit noisy. E55's are typically not as quiet as other E's because they remove some sound deadening materials. For somebody who is used to stock wheels on a w210 E430, this will seem loud (I had an E430 prior to the E55, so I know the difference). The tires are NITTO's from Discount Tire.

- Recently replaced the Mass Airflow Sensor and water pump. Both done in the last 100 or so miles. Coolant was obviously replaced when water pump was done.

- Transmission control unit in the last 5000 or so miles along with dropping the pan and replacing fluid.

- Plugs and wires in the last 5000 or so miles

- Rear diff oil replaced in the last 5000 or so miles

- Fuel filter replaced in the last 5000 or so miles

- Serpentine belt replaced in the last 5000 or so miles

- New battery in the last few months

- There was a small oil leak from an oil sensor that was fixed in the last 10,000 or so miles.

- Replaced catalytic converters in the last couple thousand miles or less. I used aftermarket Magnaflows as recommended on the forums here.

- BrakePerformance.com Premium dimpled and slotted rotors were installed in May of 2012. I think they have warped some, but they have a lifetime warranty. I am contacting them to find out the process for replacing them. I will work with the buyer to ensure they get them replaced. They all work fine, but they give some feedback on hard braking that you can feel.

- Front wheel bearings replaced in the last 10,000 or so miles.

- Replaced the b-pillar "dotted" covers with black covers.

Here is what I think needs to be remedied:

- There is rust on the the rear trunk lid. Pictures show where.

- There is rust on the lower portion of the front passenger door and the panel right in front of it. Again, I have taken pictures of it.

- The pocket on the rear of the drivers seat is missing the elastic

- The rear sun shade does not work - never has. The motor and everything works but there is a broken/missing cross bar on it. I never cared.

- There is no CD Changer in the trunk. It didn't' have one when I bought it, but the wiring is there.

- The LCD display for the temperature does not work, and the one for the drive selector and clock is on the way out - some days it looks fine, but most days there are pixel issues. The center information display is perfect, no issues.

- The orthopedic seat switches work intermittently. From time to time, the pump will switch on and air the seats up all the way, then they come back down to a "normal setting". Searching threads find people who have success repairing these.

- The radio volume knob is a bit touchy...you have to spin a bit more than you should have to in order to turn the volume up. The steering wheel controls work fine.

- The top two license plate mounts had the screws frozen in them. I was able to remove and replace one of them, but the other, I had to simply cut the head of the screw off. That one needs to be replaced, or just leave it alone and put screws in the three other holes.

- There are little nicks and dings that you would expect in a few spots.

I think that covers it. You should also know that I have a trailer hitch and wiring plug on the car. I never pulled anything heavy with this (always been less 1000 pounds total - 300-400 pound trailer and 250 pound dirt bike). I pulled the dirt bike on the light weight trailer a total of three times. The rest of the time, I used the hitch for a bike rack for a mountain bike.

If somebody is looking to spend a little less to get a car that just needs some minor work to be pristine, this is the car you want. If you want to spend less and just drive it and don't mind a rust spot here or there, this is the car you want.

I have attached the Carfax report to this thread as well, scroll down past the photos.

Email me at pearsth@yahoo.com for more information. The VIN is in the carfax and in the photos.

I have put more photos here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/11775...72535325045441
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131020_150922.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	612289   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131020_150934.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	612297   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131020_150950.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	612305   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131020_151001.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	612313   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131020_151253.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	612361  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20131020_151207.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	612369   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131020_151054.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	612377  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CARFAX Vehicle History Report on WDBJF74J12B455783.pdf (436.5 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by pearsth; 10-24-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 03:32 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Feb 2012
Vehicle: 1990 300SEL (the new daily), Lexus LS (my baby)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Excellent honest ad. Good fair firm price. And a nice E55. Wish you'd been selling a few years ago when I was in the market for one of these! Best wishes to you for a successful sale.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 09:34 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2007
Vehicle: 1985 500SL - 2002 SL500 Silver Arrow Edition
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
How do the spring perches look? Tempted if solid.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 2002 E55
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Tyler - I think they are fine, but I have to admit I wouldn't know exactly what to look at to confirm it. If you tell me what to look at I can take some pictures for you.

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in