LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2003
Vehicle: 02 CLK55 Cab 85300CD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: 1985 300CD Decent, but maybe worth more for parts?

I bought this car on Ebay a month ago intending to use it until I found my dream 300CD. Well...I got a really good almost-one-owner 300CD last week, and now this one has got to go to a new home.
It has 260K, good mechanics- (rebuilt motor and trans, great oil pressure), and a repainted, generally straight and rust free body, all original glass (one stone chip in windshield) excellent headliner, reasonable "B+" interior condition (one small dash crack, a tear in driver seat), the usual dried rubber seals, good chrome and all complete. The driver fender has damage to the lower end of it from a road hazard. Euro headlights. Cruise and dash lights dont work.

I'm also pretty good at parting it out if you pay shipping or are local, I can handle most items except drivetrain and heavy mechanicals. I'm asking (asking) $3250 for the whole car on Craigslist but will do whatever makes most sense economically, I've got to get it gone soon, no garage space left....call/text 732 245 7523. Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Here is link to car ad:

HERE IS BETTER LINK< I HOPE>

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/4087651150.html

Last edited by njview; 09-27-2013 at 10:29 AM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Just to be clear: The car is in NJ- about an hour south of NYC- 07732 zip. I know my used ID says SF but I have a location on both coasts.
I'm figuring out a price list for parts, if it ends up that way. Rough ideas: Euro headlights $250 pr; great headliner, complete, $300; rear seat upper (has some fabric ripped on outer sides, but looks good otherwise) $150, lower nice, $200; door cards, $125 each, decent dash pad, $300; complete gauge cluster, $100; bumpers, tail lenses, grille, hood, trunk lid, 50-100 each. rolling chassis, or engine trans differential, $1400.00; glass, $100 each, rear window, $no visible foggin, $300; misc window motors/wood/rubber/plastic/trim pieces, $25-575. PM me if I am off=base or if there is a particular interest, depending on the feedback may decide to part it.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 12:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2008
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Craigslist link is no workie.....
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Uhhh....sorry, but my plans aren't your plans LOL

Content deleted by me- it was in reply to a flamer whose posts were deleted. sorry for any static, just trying to sell a couple, nothing more or less...

Last edited by njview; 09-27-2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Content not relevant
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Carl, seemingly good is in the eyes of the buyer. You are more than welcome to check it out yourself. It needs several things, but I do see value in at as a project car for someone less interested in perfection and just wanting to get the last 100K out of it. Make me an offer- you know what I paid, and I'm willing to take a (small ) loss if that gets it cleared out, sooner rather than later... PM me.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 09:17 PM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 09:18 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 30+ mercedes and a suburban to tow them
To me, it's pretty unfriendly to rip a guy trying to sell a car and/or parts of a car. Me? I'd be low balling the seller to whatever extent I could, but it's not at all cool to piss all over his for-sale ad.

Me? I'd be buying it as a whole car because I too love a nice coupe, but I just purchased a 92 300ce and am putting all my spare cash into it to make it turn out all right.

So, ignoring the noisy non-buyer picking on the seller, anybody interested in a coupe in NJ?

-CTH
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 09:47 PM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
This thread has already had to undergo some housekeeping, with a reminder of the sandpit rules thrown in for good measure and yet, already I'm back doing some more.

Holidays for some next round...

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Thanks-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cth350 View Post
To me, it's pretty unfriendly to rip a guy trying to sell a car and/or parts of a car. Me? I'd be low balling the seller to whatever extent I could, but it's not at all cool to piss all over his for-sale ad.

Me? I'd be buying it as a whole car because I too love a nice coupe, but I just purchased a 92 300ce and am putting all my spare cash into it to make it turn out all right.

So, ignoring the noisy non-buyer picking on the seller, anybody interested in a coupe in NJ?

-CTH
Appreciate the rational view, thanks. I;m just trying to do the best I can in selling it, somehow. I think this car is borderline as a project car, or daily driver it would probably be OK if you dont want sunroof, dash light, and rear window right away, it still hauls some torque and stops well.....Anyway I don't want to make money on it, in fact willing to lose as much as I can afford if the right buyer shows up. But I don't have the luxury of a lot of time, either. Any interested people, please just let me know what info you need-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in