1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6, 108k miles, a/c works (checked in May 2013 for leaks/pressure etc.), all electrical and mechanical devices work, including roof, antenna, vacuum operated door, trunk and gas locks. Tires have about 90% of thread left. Aftermarket alarm with a remote.
I am the 3rd owner. The shop that used to service this car took the ownership of the vehicle's title when the owner passed away and her heirs refused to pay for the work done (R134a conversion, new a/c compressor installed). The mechanic put the car on non-op and parked it for a few years. I was shopping for a car for my 17 year old daughter, saw the 190e at the shop and offered to buy it. To protect the privacy of their mother (credit card receipts), the family cleaned up the car taking away all the records stored in the glove compartment. My mechanic still have carbon copies of some maintenance jobs he performed. I have the owner's manual, original window sticker with installed options and price.
I kept all the receipts (over $3500) since the day I purchased it. My daughter put 4,000 miles since 09/2012. She moved out of state and drives her grandpa's vehicle.
The following items have been addressed/fixed throughout this period:
- All fluids changed (axle, engine, transmission, antifreeze)
- The fuel tank was removed and chemically treated
- A pair of new fuel pumps, fuel filter and accumulator, fuel tank strainer, fuel/gas cap
- New upper timing gasket, camshaft oil seal
- New turn signal combination switch, new fuses, OVP, fuel pump and combination relays
- 11/2012 new paint job (we kept the original color code: 441 Desert Taupe Metallic)
- All new rubber hoses (air intake boot, valve cover to intake manifold, air slide to intake, air flow meter to air slide), new valve cover gasket, fuel distributor seal, O-rings at EHA
- Installed Euro style headlights
- New distributor cap, rotor, O-seal, new battery, new spark plug wires, spark plugs
- New exhaust manifold gaskets, muffler hangers
- New front driveshaft flex joint
- Welded new rear muffler
- New O2 sensor
- New water temp sender, thermo vacuum switch (70C), air temp sensor, thermostat (87C)
- New crankshaft position sensor
- New antenna seal
- New hood insulation pad
- New fan clutch
- New Kenwood CD/MP3 deck with AUX input (I have original Becker radio)
This is a California car (sold and stayed in LA, San Joaquin Valley). There is no rust. I tried taking some shots around the rear suspension to give you guys an idea. There are no leaks. The transmission shifts perfectly. The ride is smooth and quiet over the bumps.
I have uploaded some photos for your review:
Mercedes190E Photos by darom | Photobucket
The hood was popped when I took the photos, it is _not_ out of alignment :-)
The asking price is $3,200. Please contact me before 9 p.m. PST at six/6/one, three-1-9 three-six-85 or via the email: simzealot at GMAIL dot com. If I don't answer, please leave a message. Thanks, Denis