Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rust-free '83 Wagon Body and Engine for Sale

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  mbz300tdt 
#1 ·
My '83 wagon was my daily driver until its timing chain broke. I removed the engine and was restoring it when other priorities ground the project to a halt. I will never get back to this, and since the body is is good shape I was hoping somebody on this forum would be interested. Here are the major details:

- The cylinder head has been rebuilt by a local engine shop and is ready to install.
- The engine block has been disassembled, tanked, and the cylinders honed.
- The crank has been cleaned and the bearing surfaces polished.
- Pistons/wrist pins/con rods have been cleaned and inspected but new rings not installed.
- The transmission and all of the engine accessories are stretch wrapped to two pallets.
- The turbo, fuel injector pump and all of the delicate engine internal parts are stored inside my house where it is dry. They too can be palletized.
- The front end was rebuilt and all brake rotors/calipers/pads were replaced by a local MBZ mechanic. The total cost was around $2600.
- 4 new Michelin MXV4 tires were installed 500 miles before the timing chain broke.
- All door seals and the windshield seal were replaced.
- The original roof rack cross rails are included.

I have receipts for all parts and labor I put into this car over the 2 years I drove it which, including the original purchase price, comes to $10,096.39. Just ask my wife.

The car is in S.E. Pennsylvania and obviously will need to be towed to its final destination. I am asking $1,500. Please send me a PM if you are interested and I can get you whatever additional information or photographs you need.

Thanks,

Nick

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.