I'm moving from Arizona to New York and unfortunately must part with my 300D. This car is in great condition and I would not hesitate to use it as a daily driver or take it across country. It has been garage-kept for at least the last 10 years here in Arizona. I have service records for the car going back 10 years, although I have owned it for only 4 months. The car has been recently completely inspected by Bud at MB Motors in Phoenix, who anyone in the area will tell you is a very respected and reputable MB mechanic. He did not uncover any issues besides the list of small buggers that all older cars have.
- 120k miles
- Strong, clean engine starts and runs perfectly.
- Cold A/C, was completely replaced 6/2011.
- Tires and brakes have about 4k miles on them.
- Center and rear muffler were completely replaced with OEM parts 12/2011.
- Interior is in very good condition. The carpet has a few stains here and there that should be easy to steam clean. The wood console has a few cracks. The MB-Tex is in very good condition. I bought new color-matched OEM floor mats for the car 3 months ago.
- Aftermarket stereo with CD player.
- AutoCheck report available
for anyone interested in making an offer.
As you would expect, there are a number of small things that need repair or attention, none of which affect the drivability of the car. I can give more detail but here are the items most worth mentioning:
- The transmission shifts a bit roughly when cold. After 5-10 minutes, normal.
- The power door locks don't work. That part of the vacuum system is disconnected in the engine bay, probably because the PO didn't want to pay to investigate/fix the problem.
- The tach works... sometimes.
- The antenna mast is cracked so it flops around when you raise it, so I just leave it down. Picks up radio stations fine.
- The moonroof motor moves a bit slowly when shutting it. Not sure if this is a sign of the motor dying eventually, but it opens and shuts just fine.
I'm looking for $3000. I will be listing the car for a higher price on Craig's List, but I'm willing to sell it for less here because I've gotten some great advice on this forum and will be happier knowing an enthusiast will be buying the car.