For sale or Trade Immaculate 40 Th. Anniversary Roadster - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: 1997 SL 500 40th. Anniversary 37k miles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Arrow Yes it is still for sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo Joe View Post
still for sale?...
Still for sale? YES!, I have posted all the needed information including a link to my photo bucket album.

I will not post an asking price, if the info and pictures are not enough incentive to interest you in the car, I have nothing more to ad.

I can fully respect anyone's principles on what they will or will not do when they find a car they might have potentially been interested in but, I am really NOT interested in hearing about it posted in my for sale thread.

If the conditions of the post are not acceptable then please afford me the same respect and just pass it up.

Thank you, Larry Hegle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 01:58 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: '89 420SEL, '93 300E and '07 Hyu Santa Fe
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Looks good picture wise and will take word for maintenance records but
what's a asking price?
That will determine if it's worth time to check it out personally or not.

'93 300E 2.8, Green (205K...)
'07 Santa Fe SE, Natural khaki (95K..)
'04 S500 (122k..)
-------------------------------------
'89 420SEL, Diamond Blue (154K..) Retired
'08 kawi 250R, Red (10K..) (Sold)
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 03:26 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2012
Vehicle: 2005 E320 CDI x 2, 1986 190E 2.3-16
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It's a beaut! What's the "Buy Now" price?
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 04:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Yes, it a beauty. I'm looking for one, but it sounds like this one will be on the "expensive" side from the tone.

1990 560 SEL, 1991 560 SEC Euro, Japanese Import
Birmingham, MI
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 05:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1990 420SEL, 1986 420SEL sold, 1997 E420 sold
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 5750 Post(s)

This thread is a beaut.

OK... I'll walk myself out.....

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 05:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: 99 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2 & 00 E320 4M
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Even dealers have an asking price.
I don't see what the big deal is about putting a number on it.
Though it's a free country, do what you want.

Maybe it's just one of those cars that they really don't want to sell unless the offer is so ridiculous high they have too.

I thought there were a limited number of R129 my area because of a small town, but just in the couple days I saw three of them.

Past Euros: 91 MBZ 300TE, 91 Jaguar XJS V12 Coupe, 94 Alfa Romeo 164 LS, 80 BMW 320i, 85 BMW 528e, 86 BMW 325e, 88 BMW 325e, 88 BMW 325i Cab, 89 BMW 325ix, 91 325i Cabrio, 93 BMW 740i, 94 BMW 740iL, 95 BMW 525i, 78 Fiat Spyder 124, 98 Land Rover D1 LSE, 93 MBZ 190E 2.6, 96 MBZ C280 Sport, 93 MBZ 400E, 90 MBZ 300ce, 92 MBZ 500SL, 71 MGB-GT, 91 VW Corrado G60
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 1998 SL500 w/ SL2 Package - 27k miles & counting...
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
If you want it you'll have to make offers. No asking price, offers only. Don't worry, I've never heard of this sales method either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b1d.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	531805  

Darren

post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: 1997 SL 500 40th. Anniversary 37k miles
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lightbulb My Hijacked Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcarGuy View Post
If you want it you'll have to make offers. No asking price, offers only. Don't worry, I've never heard of this sales method either.

This thread originated as an offering to the members of the benzworld forum of a very nice Limited Edition Mercedes Roadster For Sale. At the time of the posting it met all posting requirements of benzworld. Because this thread is not to the liking of the self appointed moderators and watchdogs it has become a soapbox for something totally unrelated to the subject of the post.

I am not complaining as this is keeping my For Sale thread active and might even result in a sale. I should point out I have nothing to do with forum rules, can't do any thing to change them and your posts will never result in an open public discussion on the value of this Mercedes Roadster involving myself "the seller" and any forum member. In other words I am expecting any potential buyer to do their own price research and tell me what they are willing to offer privately.

If it were my choice I would delete this thread completely but, that is not allowed under the benzworld rules so it will stay in cyberspace for eternity although the moderator could step in and lock the thread and I would be well pleased with either option.

Regards, Larry Hegle
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 06:50 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 2008 ML320CDI 4Matic, 161K miles; 1983 380SL (die Rostlaube), 238K miles
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Larry, this is a community. Like any community, it has rules, written and unwritten. The one about posting an asking price is indeed a written one; it's in the stickies at the top.

If I were in the market for an R129, I'd still be leery of making you an offer, simply because I don't know what the market is. I see them advertised on Craigslist in my end of the world in the $7-12K range. I don't know enough about the car to know if yours is at the low or high end of the range. That leaves me with a choice of making an offer at the low end of the range and getting blown off, or at the high end of the range and potentially getting taken. (Not that you're a dishonest kind of guy, but would you honestly turn down an offer of $5K above market?)

That's why the community has the norms it has. You can choose to ignore them if you wish, but don't be surprised when the community reacts in a less than favorable manner, as it has in your case. We're not looking for a public conversation on the value of the car, though that you adamantly refuse to post an asking price has left a vacuum that others have filled. We're just looking for some sort of starting point.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 1998 SL500 w/ SL2 Package - 27k miles & counting...
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehegle View Post

At the time of the posting it met all posting requirements of benzworld.
Actually that's incorrect. Forum rules require a price which you never provided. In your original post you said you've seen them go for $30k and then said make offers. That's not providing an asking price. If you are after $30k then I wish you luck as you will have that car for a very long time. Mine's a year newer with almost half the miles for half that and I bought it at a MB dealer. It's almost like you got insulted if someone asked you for your asking price which is probably why it has not sold yet. No one was bashing you just asking for a price which you never provided. Like many here have said you'll probably have better luck on ebay. You're sucker hunting on a forum of Mercedes enthusiast's who know what the car is worth and it sure as hell isn't worth $30k. It's a beautiful car (though not $30k beautiful) and I wish you luck with the sale.

Darren

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in