Immaculate 40 Th. Anniversary Roadster Looking For A New Home - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 10:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1984-2005 MB's
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
40th anniversary package was added to the 1997 SL500 as a no-charge "value package."

Go about it whichever you like.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 10:57 PM
w108,107 Parts Hoarder

Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: 4Keep:450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG 2sell:500sl92 380se83 300se86 350sl4sp 75slc MorInSig
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1622 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Since we killed this thread and we are beyond post 10...

Why are "anniversary edition" cars always the crappiest ones? I think I was 22 years old when I looked at a Toyota Celica anniversary edition and realized it was the crappiest Celica I'd over seen or been in. Do people really not see past the "anniversary edition" marketing to simply look at the car for what it is, an attempt to make a chump think there's something special about a run-of-the-mill version of the car?

In all fairness, I haven't even seen pics of this thing that has so few miles on it.

But... "Well, it's got nothing special, so let's highlight that it was made 40 years after .... Something great happened 40 years ago!" (But nothing this year.)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

My signature:
Click for list of my 32 MB since 2010. If, you want 70's-80's Mercedes tuner wheels, let me know.
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 01:35 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1989 560 SEC - V-8 Kompressor - 95 E320 Estate
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
My brother bought a 40th anniversary 129 out of St. Louis a few months ago with about 35k miles. He paid $14k for the car then put about 3k into it to get it sorted out. Only difference in that car and a standard 129 was some floor mats. Nothing special, just a low mileage 129. He likes the car, bit bothered to have to put $3k into it so soon. Now we both realize a super low mileage car is not the best investment. GLWS

1989 560 SEC Supercharged - 317+ rwhp - H&R lowered - OZ Nova's - upgraded brakes - AMG Tri-Y's - Bergwerks FGS - a true Euro Rod

1995 E420

1988 Euro 560SEL
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: 1997 SL 500 40th. Anniversary 37k miles
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzi View Post
Since we killed this thread and we are beyond post 10...

I posted an item for sale or trade and what I got was a bunch of trash from the forum because I did not post a asking price.

THIS WAS A FOR SALE / OR TRADE thread not a discussion thread !

If I wanted to post a price or if it was required it would have been posted.

If anyone finds that not to their liking they could have ignored the post instead of "killing the thread".

If anyone's motive was to help someone improve their post rather than "kill the thread" they would have sent a PM instead of attacking like a pack of hyenas.

Thanks for the lesson of what kind of people make up "benzworld.org"
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 03:52 AM
w108,107 Parts Hoarder

Vehicle: 4Keep:450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500seAMG 2sell:500sl92 380se83 300se86 350sl4sp 75slc MorInSig
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehegle View Post

I posted an item for sale or trade and what I got was a bunch of trash from the forum because I did not post a asking price.

If anyone finds that not to their liking they could have ignored the post instead of "killing the thread".

If anyone's motive was to help someone improve their post rather than "kill the thread" they would have sent a PM instead of attacking like a pack of hyenas.

In benzworld's defense, it's not their fault. Posting on an open forum is a dangerous thing. You subject yourself to what anyone with a keyboard wants to write, and you've fed right into it.

Lots of people say they would never do Post a car for sale on benzworld because the people are too savvy and critical of cars and sellers, especially ones that provide no benefit to others (by posting useful automotive information) and just come here to try and pedal their goods. Ebay, Craigslist, autotrader, hemmings are all places that nobody can write their comments in your for sale ad.

In all seriousness, if you'd like to start a new thread, I bet we will all leave you alone. ... But maybe not.

My signature:
Click for list of my 32 MB since 2010. If, you want 70's-80's Mercedes tuner wheels, let me know.
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 03:57 AM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: 1997 SL 500 40th. Anniversary 37k miles
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Kicking A Dead Horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzi View Post
In benzworld's defense, it's not their fault. Posting on an open forum is a dangerous thing. You subject yourself to what anyone with a keyboard wants to write, and you've fed right into it.

Lots of people say they would never do Post a car for sale on benzworld because the people are too savvy and critical of cars and sellers, especially ones that provide no benefit to others (by posting useful automotive information) and just come here to try and pedal their goods. Ebay, Craigslist, autotrader, hemmings are all places that nobody can write their comments in your for sale ad.

In all seriousness, if you'd like to start a new thread, I bet we will all leave you alone. ... But maybe not.

Thank you for your reasonable comments. You were the only member
to admit "Killing The Thread" was the game plan all along.

I asked the moderator yesterday to delete the ad (with on response)
as I no longer wish to deal with trying to selling anything
on benzworld dot org.

To be clear here the first poster who started this problem NEVER made any attempt to offer any price.
Just blowing hard about his non existent cash.

You know what they say "Money Talks and BS walks" and he was clearly walking without talking.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt gave him the price range I have
seen R129's advertised for ($4k to $30k), made it quite clear
I was open to any offer and that $30k was NOT what I was asking.

No need to be kicking this dead horse anymore "rowdie" was successful in killing the ad.

I guess if you are a "Lifetime Premium Member" you get to tell other members what to do
and destroy their posts if you feel like it.

I respect the opinions of others when they are not vindictively placed in a post to do harm.
NONE of the posters bothered to contact me via PM with their opinion in a helpful or respectful manner.
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 06:57 AM
w108,107 Parts Hoarder

Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Thank you for your reasonable comments. You were the only member
to admit "Killing The Thread" was the game plan all along.

I asked the moderator yesterday to delete the ad (with on response)
as I no longer wish to deal with trying to selling anything
on benzworld dot org.

To be clear here the first poster who started this problem NEVER made any attempt to offer any price.
Just blowing hard about his non existent cash.

You know what they say "Money Talks and BS walks" and he was clearly walking without talking.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt gave him the price range I have
seen R129's advertised for ($4k to $30k), made it quite clear
I was open to any offer and that $30k was NOT what I was asking.

No need to be kicking this dead horse anymore "rowdie" was successful in killing the ad.

I guess if you are a "Lifetime Premium Member" you get to tell other members what to do
and destroy their posts if you feel like it.

I respect the opinions of others when they are not vindictively placed in a post to do harm.
NONE of the posters bothered to contact me via PM with their opinion in a helpful or respectful manner.
We all love Rowdie because he is the first to offer valuable information, send me parts for free without me ever asking for them and not even accepting payment for postage. The difference is that we either provide valuable information in this forum or we play by the rules or at least the suggested comments provided in the stickies of every forum that our moderators have worked so hard to provide for us. Your fatal flaws in your thread are the following:
1) not stating that you either (a) don't know what your car is worth, or (b) are not really serious in selling it and this is really a "feeler" thread which can be indicate easily, or (c) simply won't state the dollar amount that would make you happy to get in exchange for your car.
2) you didn't answer the question asked by someone who was either (a) seriously interested in your car, or (b) simply wanted to help you post the information required to help sell your car for you.
3) The only number that you posted as a number that your would accept for your car is totally absurd. $30,000 is way higher than Blue book which seems to always be way too high. (I did not fact check this but read the posts in this thread.)

You would have been better off to come here and do what everyone else does (that typically annoys the regulars), and ask "what's my car worth?" in the old coy way. It's always fun to have these threads that are analogous to the hot girl at the party walking around saying, "oh, I'm so drunk and horny".

Get ready for thread-lock. Every time I write the above comment the tread gets locked.

My signature:
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 07:32 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2012
Vehicle: 1984 380 SL, 2000 Saturn LS, '92 Virago 750
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

So can we reasonably expect that you won't be hanging around with us? Don't let the door smack you in the butt as you leave.

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about?
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 07:42 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 1998 SL500 w/ SL2 Package - 27k miles & counting...
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I love how you blame everyone else for your crappy for sale thread. You obviously have zero sales or marketing skills as this should have been pretty easy to write a detailed thread about the car you're selling. You basically say that you've seen them go for $4k-$30k and "make me an offer", post a link to pics and that's it. Put a little effort in it and think of a reasonable asking price before posting. First I'd like you to show me where any R129 SL500 has sold for $30k in the last 6 months. Mine is a year newer with almost 1/2 the miles and I didn't pay anywhere near $30k and I bought it from a MB dealer.

Now you're saying that the one member interested doesn't have the money?? How the hell do you know that??

It's a shame because your car is a really nice example and the pano roof would get you more money than one with the standard hard top. If you had put a little thought into your for sale thread it might have had some serious interest by now.

Good luck with the sale.

Darren

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in