Color: Diamond Silver Metallic
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MD
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
You are looking at a very well cared for and VERY Fast and Extremely clean 2003 SL55 AMG Roadster commissioned as a custom full build by Chris J. of Floored Fabrication in Arizona at his shop. This car is flawless inside and out, it has a custom clear bra, top of the line Llumar Ceramic tint, no nicks, scratches. or dings at all. Paint is in flawless condition. The car is Diamond Silver Metallic with charcoal leather interior and maple burled wood inserts and comes with Mercedes all weather floor mats. It has heated seats, auto sensor wipers, uses the new MB series keys (the chrome ones like the new cars have...not the old black ones), dual zone climate control, all the electronic power adjustable options on the seats, HID lighting and daytime running lights, and all the standard AMG features (bigger brakes, supercharged hand built engine etc..etc..).
The car has low miles (approx 7K per year since new) currently 67K miles but runs better than cars with much lower miles, all fluids serviced, dampers and ABC suspension in great shape, no SBC brake problems, Top works perfectly, new battery installed. Engine oil changed every 3.5K miles with Mobil 1 and BG MOA and 44K treatment applied at each oil change, all fluids synthetic, trans has been flushed properly, chassis bushings, control arms, joints, and sleeves properly lubricated at intervals. I am extremely meticulous and knowledgeable about the R230 cars, I've owned 2, an SL500 and this SL55 AMG.
I am 37 years old, a professional and a car enthusiast; I've owned several different cars from each German marquee at one point or another. I bought this car from it's orig. owner who only kept it for a few years before I purchased it on a trade in almost new at the time, I have an unlimited mileage Chrysler Service Contract (CSC) extended full coverage warranty through April 2014 which is 100% transferable to the new owner and comes with the car. This is the best warranty out there for the car and has already paid for itself – true bumper to bumper care no questions asked. The car is runs perfectly and you have the peace of mind of the best warranty out there for these cars which you can no longer get for AMG cars.
The car is clean inside and out, clear title, No accidents, full records and service history included and a folder with each and every receipt, work history, everything I am a meticulous record keeper. Car also comes with original owner’s manual and related material.
The car is unique - the ONLY complete Chris Jannasch of Floored Fab SL55 AMG full build, he had the car in his shop in Arizona to do the build. It was extensive, took a year, and he’s likely not to do another one, the following are some of what has been done to this car:
- True Long tube custom floored fab designed and fabricate headers by Chris... custom mid section x-pipe and full exhaust w/ test pipes and with 200 Cel cat pipes also if you need to bolt those on... this is all Jet hot coated inside and out
- custom intake including filter boxes runners and Y-pipe, custom aluminum sheet metal tig welded then coated, it's a 3 piece part crafted by Chris
- Custom 82mm Throttle body with CNC machined bored S/C sleeve
- ASP custom (and very rare) 185mm Pulley
- dual I/C pumps, Front mount Heat exchanger and trunk mounted Remote Reservoir separated cooling circuit for Supercharger...custom setup by Chris with the hand fabricated tank under the trunk divider for easy access, the cooling loop ensures that the charger is operating effectively without ever getting into heat soak
- quaffe LSD
- MBArt toe link kit
- MBArt custom Adjustable Camber arms
- High performance BMC air filters
- SDS ride height adjusted and properly set up with the toe links and camber arms
- OE tuning engine management performance tune, done by Jeremy and ties the entire build together, the car really benefits from this tremendously and Jeremy is the best out there as many know from the cars he has tuned and their performance.
- comes with dyno charts - 509.2 hp/ 589.6 lb-ft TQ on Jeremy's Dyno Dynamics tuning dyno in California which reads approx. 20% lower than dynojet (equivalent numbers are 611.04 hp/ 727.52 Tq) AT THE REAR WHEELS!!! I am more than happy to dyno the car again at a dyno of the potential buyer’s choice with the potential buyer before purchase to verify the power the car is making, no problem.
- all new injectors done during the build
- High performance spark plugs per Chris' spec in the car as well.
- custom Single slat grille
Asking $37,000 USD o.b.o for the car as it comes with factory wheels and tires.
You can also choose to get the new/never used CCW drag pack 16" rear with MT Street Drag Radials also available for additional cost ($1500) for Wheels and tires.
I consider this car to be the ultimate SL55 AMG, it looks factory on the inside and outside, but built with no expense spared (over $25K invested including all parts, hardware, extras, and services), I really put a lot into this car!
As for performance the car stock it did a 12.03 @115 mph on street tires (my sig below) that's before it went to Chris at Floored Fab! Chris built this car to run 10.xx and have the drivability of a daily driver, those two main goals were our objective in this build. I personally believe this car has that potential and think we’ve reached our goal. Last year we were going to get the car on the track but wanted to get the rear camber arms and toe links done and those took some time to make, by the time the car was ready toward the end of the year I couldn’t make it to the two track days due to work. The car was supposed to be run this year but since I picked up a new car in January it’s for sale I decided to be safe and park it in the garage on a trickle charger.
Several members can vouch for this car and this build, Some of them are Chiromikey and Alan (one of the fastest if not the fastest E55 around), Benz-O-Rama (Clayton), Ahmad (Blackbenz), Jay (Absolutelydriven), guys over at ACGSD, Charlie, Chris of Floored Fabrications, Jeremy of OE Tuning, and more. A lot of these guys helped along the way.
I'm only selling because I just purchased another car and need to make room in the garage, otherwise I would keep this car for sure. Please contact me for price options, details, and more pictures. I am not on the forums much anymore please email or call me - email@example.com
or (202) 641 - 8211
Thank you very much for taking a look at my ad and I look forward to your inquiries, comments, questions, and finding the right owner who will appreciate this car, and all that I have had done and cherish her like I have. Serious inquiries only.
Here is a full set of pictures:
Mercedes SL55 AMG For Sale - a set on Flickr
Here are some teasers