1981 300D for sale, Los Angeles, working A/C - reduced to $2100 obo
Mechanically solid, working AC and cruise control, excellent seats and excellent ride. I bought this car 1 month ago because it had wheels on it that I wanted. I have taken the wheels are placed them with Mercedes alloy wheels (as shown in photographs). I drove the car from San Jose to Los Angeles with A/C on and had no problems at all.
1. No engine leaks
2. Dealer service booklet in filled in and stamped from date of original sale until 120,000 miles when the book ran out
3. Always in California
4. Working AC
5. Working cruise control
6. Working sunroof
7. Excellent interior with comfortable seats and good original carpet
8. Clear title, registration paid through June 2014
9. Two long-term owners (as best as I can tell), followed by a 6 month owner followed be me – 1 month owner)
10. Original key plus new unused MB master key plus valet key
11. Original documentation
1. Master switch doesn't operate LR window, door does switch does operate LR window
2. Vacuum locks don't operate RR door, all other vacuum locks work
3. Rust behind the back window.
4. Rear tires are old
5. Mileage is unknown
6. Dreadful re-paint. The car exterior looks better in pictures than in person
Drives really really well. This is good basic transportation with AC. If the rust doesn’t bother you, it’s a bargain. If it does then find a different car. $2100 obo and I'll throw in a set of Euro headlights if you are into those.
Bunch of pictures here:
Mercedes 300 D Photos by srallen | Photobucket
Currently: 1967 250 SL, 1963 220Sb, 1965 300SE Lang, 1971 280SE parts car, 1972 Alfa GTV, 1965 Alfa Duetto, 1993 BMW R100R
Past: 1971 250 C, 1985 300 TD, 1967 250 S, 1968 280 S,1981 300 D, 1982 280CE, 3 Facel Vegas, Borgward Isabella Coupe, Alfa 2600 Sprint, Volvo P1900 (yes), numerous less interesting Volvos, ...