For sale 1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16v Cosworth. US spec.
Rare car. If you are looking at this ad you probably know what this car is, so I won't waste time on boring trivia.
Price - $8000
The car is located in Las Vegas.
Here's the brief description:
Very good overall condition and amazing for a 26 year old car.
Mileage - 149000, less than 5k mi on rebuilt top end.
5sp Getrag dogleg transmission.
The car is accident free, hasn't been tracked, body is rust free, interior is smoke/pet free.
The interior is in good to excellent condition (see photos at the link below).
Everything works on the car except for cruise control.
Differential has a bit of a slack in it - not bad enough to make me do anything about it.
Body has couple of dents and scratches (see photos at the end of the linked album).
Within last 5k mi the cylinder head was entirely redone with new valve guides and seals, valves reseated, tensioner and chain replaced etc.
Self-leveling suspension is fully functional with new cells and replaced leveling valve, pump o-rings and fluid.
The cylinder walls were honed, all gaskets and seals that were accessible during disassembly were replaced.
Suspension and brakes were gone through with new front Bilstein sports, strut supports, rear thrust arms, brake disks and pads etc.
Last year the car has been driven from South Carolina (2400 miles), it has made it to Las Vegas without a sneeze in less than 2 days. It is currently insured and registered in South Carolina and used as a spare car here in Las Vegas.
Below is the full detailed list of what was done to the car within last 5k miles:
ENGINE, DRIVETRAIN ETC
- fuel tank removed and cleaned, old fuel blown out of main line
- fuel tank cap replaced
- fuel filter replaced, fuel pump assembly cleaned
- fuel accumulator replaced
- fuel injectors and seals replaced
- fuel distributor disassembled and cleaned
- EHA replaced
- OVR replaced
- oxygen sensor replaced
- coolant temperature sensor replaced
- thermo-vacuum valve replaced
- Idle Control Valve cleaned and checked
- Cold Start Valve cleaned and checked
- cruise control actuator cleaned and checked
- throttle switch checked
- air filter replaced (K&N)
- air flow sensor disassembled, cleaned and inspected
- air flow sensor potentiometer replaced
- both intake manifolds cleaned inside and out
- lower-to-upper manifold gaskets replaced
- intake manifold-to-head gaskets replaced
- oil pan removed and cleaned
- oil pan gasket replaced
- oil pick-up tube removed and cleaned
- gear cover removed, oil pump inspected and pre-oiled
- dipstick tube bracket replaced
- front crankshaft seal replaced
- water pump removed and inspected
- water pump gasket replaced
- thermostat housing replaced (aluminum)
- thermostat replaced
- radiator removed, cleaned and flushed
- all oil was exchanged 3 times within first 50 miles
- pistons and block mating surface cleaned
- valve cover stripped, primed and painted
- valve cover gasket and seals replaced
- oil filler cap replaced
- cylinder head gasket replaced
- cylinder head replaced cleaned and leveled
- exhaust manifold gaskets replaced
- cylinder head bolts checked and reused
- pistons checked and cleaned
- cylinders honed
- valve guides replaced
- intake valve seats replaced and recut
- valves cleaned, grinded in and adjusted
- valve stem seals replaced
- timing chain replaced, chain guides inspected
- timing chain tensioner replaced
- distributor cap replaced, distributor inspected
- spark plugs replaced
- spark plug wires replaced
- battery replaced
- battery tray & bracket replaced
- positive battery clamp replaced
- all fuses replaced
- engine mounts replaced
- steering center link replaced
- steering vibration damper replaced
- steering idler arm heat shield replaced
- front wheel bearings inspected and retightened
- front struts replaced (Bilstein sport)
- suspension hydraulic cells replaced
- suspension hydraulic fluid replaced
- suspension pump o-rings replaced
- suspension leveling valve replaced
- front brake rotors replaced
- rear brake rotors replaced
- rear brake pads replaced
- rear brake calipers replaced
- brake fluid replaced
- e-brake shoes and springs replaced
- rear control/thrust arms replaced
- differential oil exchanged
- transmission oil exchanged (ATF)
- muffler, resonator and rubber hangers replaced
- exhaust bracket-to-transmission rubber grommets replaced
- serpantine belt replaced
- all pulleys cleaned and painted
- miscellaneous parts in engine bay area were cleaned and painted
- a/c dryer replaced
- a/c condenser replaced
- a/c compressor replaced
- a/c system charged
- sunroof switch replaced
- both double window switches replaced
- all seats removed and cleaned
- all carpets cleaned, interior detailed
- under carpet areas cleaned and inspected
- rear speakers replaced
- rear deck reupholstered
- center console compartment insert reupholstered
- center vent surround replaced
- lap timer fixed
- becker stereo replaced with Alpine headunit
- subwoofer added
- amplifier added
- left vent surround replaced
- temperature display replaced
- climat control unit replaced
- fan rheostat panel replaced
- cruise control amplifier replaced
- belt buckles buttons replaced
- driver and fuel door vacuum actuators replaced
- alarm horn replaced
- keyless entry system added
- trunk vacuum lock fixed
- right rear window motor fixed
- handbrake button replaced
- firewall partition panel cleaned and painted
- odo cable boot replaced
- spark plug cover and screws replaced
- auxilary fan bracket replaced
- hood pad replaced
- hood shock replaced
- trunk rear panel replaced
- rear glass replaced
- headlights replaced to european spec (Hella)
- headlight lenses new
- headlight wipers deleted, panels replaced
- antenna mast replaced, antenna fixed
- both antenna grommets replaced
- hood star replaced
- wiper motor replaced
- wiper blade replaced
- left front bumper bracket replaced
- 2 rear jack supports replaced
- radiator grill painted flat black
- door handles painted black
- 15" rims replaced to 16" of the same design
Car comes with custom white Tyvek car cover.
Original Becker stereo and some usable parts will be included as well.
Below is the link to some photos of the car:
masterdog8's Library | Photobucket
I'm never here, so PM or e-mail me with your questions.