post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2011
Vehicle: 1969 W114 250 /8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS - 1969 w114 (250)

For sale, my 1969 w114 Mercedes 250. M114 inline 6 gas motor with twin Zenith carbs. 150,000 miles, odometer works. My daily driver for over two years (local drives around the Bay Area). I am selling to raise money to buy a w108. Title is clear, current registration in CA paid.

The keyword on this car is "original."

This car has been in California since 1969 and as far as I can tell has never left the state. I have service records to 1970. It was clearly garage kept by it's original owner, who had the car until the late 1990s.

Mechanically this car is great. My daily driver for over two years, starts every time, drives great, four speed automatic shifts smoothly. I am aware of no issues with the drive train on this car. Compression tested and checked out great.

Peripheral mechanicals are good too. Since absolutely everything in this car was completely original when I got it, I had to replace a few things that were showing their age. It was a new radiator (+ hoses), new water pump, new power steering pump. All installed by the excellent Harald of Palo Alto German Car.

Cosmetically this car is very good (not great) - original MB prairie beige paint (draws compliments all the time) and rust free CA car, but at 43 years of driving there is the expected dings, minor scratches in paint & glass, in a few places, etc. But definitely no major dents or body defects. All chrome, body parts, lights, etc. are on the car and working. Original blaupunkt tuner. Floormats are even original (which means they are pretty rough.) Original owner nameplate on the dash. I will of course give more details as you need them. Being mostly garage kept in CA, however, it really is in fine shape for a 43 year old car. Original dash has no cracks. The car draws compliments constantly.

This car will shortly be listed locally in Palo Alto, CA and probably also on ebay.

I consider this car a 3 on the Hagerty scale. Price Guide Report

Please PM me if you're interested, and would like to talk price, see more pictures, etc. Serious inquiries only please, my time is valuable to me, as I'm sure yours is to you. Thanks very much for reading this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4096.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	500168   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4102.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	500169   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4115.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	500170   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4119.jpg
Views:	1412
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	500171  

1969 W114 250 /8
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: