post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2012
Vehicle: 1995 Mercedes-Benz E300D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS 1995 Mercedes-Benz E300D

I purchased this vehicle only a couple months ago from the third owner. The second owner was his son. It is truly in immaculate condition. I immediately took it to a decades long trusted friend and independent German car shop owner. I put two thousand dollars into, including six new glow plugs, fan clutch, transmission service, all oils and fluids were changed. The drivers seat adjustment was going bad, and I had that replaced too. The former owner had the leather interior completely redone. EVERYTHING works, except the volume knob on the original Becker stereo (this is a known common problem) finally went out last week. It needed a right passenger sun shade, and the zebra wood center console had broken. I purchased them both on ebay. It fires up immediately every time, doesn't smoke, and shifts smoothly. All windows, electric seat adjustments work. Sunroof works. There is not a bulb out in the car.The clock works. EVERYTHING WORKS. The mechanics couldn't believe the condition. Consistently gets 30 mpg, better on a road trip. Climate control works. Ice cold air. The locking system, which locks all doors, trunk, and closes the windows and sunroof, works. Everything works. Clean title in hand, registered to June of 2013. I never had a Mercedes-Benz before, but the 1995 is much coveted from what I read. The last year of the W124 body style, and the bulletproof diesel engine. If you are looking for this car, look no further. Non turbo with 212,000 miles. Good rubber, great wheels.I have about $6500 in it, so price of $5000 is firm. Please call or text 310-428-5687. Thanks, Jim in Los Angeles, CA. Cash in person transaction only.

Last edited by galavanter; 12-30-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
What an idiot I am, I forgot the price! I was cutting and pasting a CL ad. Sorry! It's $5000. Thanks.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
After a disastrously dangerous test drive yesterday where I was yelling at the guy to stop tailgating and cutting people off (at one point he said to me and a woman in the back who had accompanied him "hold on!" as he made a ridiculous wild right up a ramp), I have realized how much I want to keep the car. So it's off the market for now. I would tell more of the story (like finally grabbing the steering wheel as he attempted to turn around in the parking garage between two tight rows of cars, when there was a T just in front of us) but I am typing this on an iPhone. I sold my laptop last night, Yes it's only cause I'm in a financial bind right now that I advertised it to begin with. Anyone want a 2000 Yamaha Road Star with only 8700 miles for a good price let me now.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
To the others who contacted me, especially the gentleman from up north, I apologize.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 09:09 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
The car is nice, and good luck with your finances, but let's hear more of the story!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in