BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2012
Vehicle: 2005 E320 CDI x 2, 1986 190E 2.3-16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2005 E320 CDI for sale

SOLD - Thanks for all the interest.

I'm selling my 2005 E320 CDI. Black on Ash MB Tex, Premium Package 1, Bose, rear and side retractable shades, six disk changer, wood steering wheel, electronic trunk closure, glass sunroof, all service records and owner’s manual

The car is just shy of 250K miles and has been well maintained and remains in very good condition. I bought it about five years ago with 41K miles and used it mostly for work, which requires all highway driving in the Northeast.

Last week I had the front bumper sprayed (professional shop) because it had more chips than I felt acceptable. I also replaced the fog lights because one of the old ones was cracked and both were discolored milky white. The car is accident free and has a clean carfax. There are some small chips on the front of the hood and fenders but I decided not to paint the entire front clip. I debated it but decided the chips really weren't significant enough to warrant the full spray. Aside of these few chips I'd say the paint is in very good condition. There are no scratches to speak of and the car is very straight on every panel.

Three of the four factory rims are in good condition and very respectable. One has some scratches that should be repaired. This type of rim can be repaired to look new for $75. If I have time, I will repair the one rim so it is a better match to the others. There is some wear left on all four tires but if I was keeping it, I would buy new fronts and bump the current fronts back in the next couple of months.

The interior is excellent. There is one significant flaw that should be repaired. The seat pocket behind the passenger seat is broken. The plastic frame that holds the pocket onto the seat broke. If I have time, I will repair this before the sale. The seats are MB Tex and in nearly perfect condition showing little to no wear. I replaced the original wood steering wheel due to cracks in the wood at about 50K miles. Unfortunately, the new one cracked within 20K of replacement. I believe these wheels have a tendency to crack due to UV exposure but I'm not certain. Although you can feel two cracks they aren't visibly obvious without looking for them. The wheel's leather does show some wear as well but it does not look abused or ugly. The volume control button has a crack due to wear. I intended on replacing this as well but just haven’t done it and will leave that up to the new owner. All other interior wood is in excellent condition and shows as new.

Mechanically, the car pulls as strong as the day I bought it. I routinely get 40+ MPG during my long hauls with a range of 800+ miles on a full tank. The car does not pull to either side and it glides beautifully on the highway. I've always had the car serviced locally at all recommended increments. I've used Mobil 1 with each oil change. The fuel filter was most recently replaced about 2K miles ago. At the same time, I had new front ball joints and control arms installed due to wear. The front struts and springs were replaced about 50K miles ago and should be good for another 200K miles. MB parts were always used during my ownership.

I planned to keep this car until it dropped but a few months ago I came across the opportunity to purchase another 2005 CDI with 11K miles. I simply couldn't pass on it. Now I have two and just don't have the garage space (or need) for both. I'm confident this car has many dependable miles left and is a car that anyone would be proud to own. It's an extremely dependable, economical, and comfortable car. It is simply the best car I've ever owned.

My asking price is $11,000 but I will consider all reasonable offers. No trades please.

Thanks for reading,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3534.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	485551   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3536.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	485552   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3537.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	485553   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3538.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	485554   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3539.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	485555  

Last edited by dukereturns; 01-16-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: