LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation For Sale One of a kind W210 E55 AMG

I have been having a difficult time trying to find the right buyer for my one of a kind 1999 E55 AMG. The dealers want to give a trade value based on this book that only really lists the E320 and does not properly list the value for an E55. Kelly Blue Book says my private seller resale value is $12,800 while NADA gives $10,600. I would be happy with $10K providing it goes to an enthusiast who knows what they are getting! This E55 has been well cared for, never raced or beaten on. The previous owner bought it when he was 60 and sold it when he was 65 for an S600. My E55 is relatively perfect inside and out, I just restored the interior to be showroom new. I purchased new wood parts for the dash, brand new E55 AMG Floormats, I even replaced they cupholder because they all get broken, cracked or stop popping out and pivoting. My seats are like brand new with not one wear line, crack or tear. Like I said, the interior has been restored to new condition! The outside has factory shine still on the paint, no dents, no scratches, no rock chips, nothing! The engine was gone through by Motor Werks of Barrington actually the whole car had a 191 point inspection resulting with "no new parts necessary"!! I could not believe it knowing Mercedes is meticulous about replacing things. I had a custom "CL" grill replace the chrome E55 grill which gives a cool custom look color matched to the car with chrome tips and the mercedes emblem now inside the grill with a special hole cut and the hood release modified by the dealer so that you can get to it through the new grill. The lenses (accept for headlights) have been smoked for a custom look. The tint took two days to remove the old tint so as not to harm any of the defroster wires or scratch the glass. Replaced with 20% tint. I am selling this car with (2) sets of wheels, Mercedes 20" wheels with brand new tires, also comes with the original 18" monoblocks with all season tires also at 90-95% tread!! The two sets of wheels with new tires alone are worth $6K!! Plus the tint, custom grill, restored interior and I am only asking $10K!!! I have seen lesser E55's sold for much more as much as $14,600 and it had nothing done to it. I want $10,000, will include both sets of wheels and will even throw in the original chrome grill if you want to switch back. The grill alone sells for over $300 on Ebay. I have all the manuals, fresh oil change, oh and did I mention NEW BRAKES AND ROTORS ALL THE WAY AROUND done this past June only 7,000 miles ago!! The oil has always been changed by a Mercedes dealer, never a Jiffy Lube. The trans was serviced at 77,000 miles which is the one and only time you ever touch the "sealed for life transmission". This car looks new, I get thumbs up everywhere I go. People ask if they can "look inside the car please". I get asked what kind of a car it is because it looks like nothing else on the road. Silver shinny paint on the outside and black leather and carpet inside. Even the 6 disc changer works perfectly, no skips, jams or anything. The spare is still in, the books are all present, I have the factory keys. This car is a steal priced below book value, any book value! I want somebody to want this car like I did, to love it, know it and know that it is not like any other Mercedes AMG. The W210 was the last model made in Affalterback, Germany before Daimler purchased AMG. This car has over 60% AMG parts which means higher quality. This car is known to run for 300,000 miles and this one has 129,000 but looks and runs brand new. It has been maintained and serviced to last, it has all the power that "THE BEAST" came with as it was called by all the car magazines. This was the :fastest sedan to ever drive the face of the earth" as quoted by car and driver magazine. Everything you would normally need to maintain on a used car has already been done for you so it is like buying a new Mercedes AMG for $10K. I am buying another one, a W211. If you want the deal of a lifetime where there has been more money put into the car in the last year than I am asking for in the sale price and you want one of the fastest cars on earth or to own a "SuperCar" than this is your chance. Remember that AMG is now a division of Mercedes for cosmetics and performance upgrades. This car was majorly made by AMG right down to the axles that have AMG cast formed into the steel!! Custom Condor leather interior all original equipment used to restore the interior no knock offs!! Call Adam at 847-571-6557 for over 100 high quality photos or go to the photobucket sight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 07:45 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: 99 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2 & 00 E320 4M
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauspower28 View Post
I have been having a difficult time trying to find the right buyer for my one of a kind 1999 E55 AMG. The dealers want to give a trade value based on this book that only really lists the E320 and does not properly list the value for an E55. Kelly Blue Book says my private seller resale value is $12,800 while NADA gives $10,600. I would be happy with $10K providing it goes to an enthusiast who knows what they are getting! ....

I only read a few lines...
But $10k sounds reasonable since my sister's 2000 E320 4MATIC (with 90k miles) was purchased for $9k.

Though photos would be nice.

Past Euros: 91 MBZ 300TE, 91 Jaguar XJS V12 Coupe, 94 Alfa Romeo 164 LS, 80 BMW 320i, 85 BMW 528e, 86 BMW 325e, 88 BMW 325e, 88 BMW 325i Cab, 89 BMW 325ix, 91 325i Cabrio, 93 BMW 740i, 94 BMW 740iL, 95 BMW 525i, 78 Fiat Spyder 124, 98 Land Rover D1 LSE, 93 MBZ 190E 2.6, 96 MBZ C280 Sport, 93 MBZ 400E, 90 MBZ 300ce, 92 MBZ 500SL, 71 MGB-GT, 91 VW Corrado G60
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 05:40 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jan 2011
Vehicle: Present Stable = '09 CLS 550, '88 560SL ,'06 LR3 HSE,
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
A lot to read but I did not see a reference or link to your photo-bucket of photos.?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 02:43 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 1987 190e 2.3-16v Cosworth; 2000 E320 Saloon
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to r2dmax
Interested and also in for photos...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jan 2011
Vehicle: Present Stable = '09 CLS 550, '88 560SL ,'06 LR3 HSE,
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
if your still trying to sell the car, suggest you post a link to your photo-bucket site as to allow interested individuals to look it over and then decide if they want to contact you.

also, where is the car located. would help if you completed your profile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in