LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: W211 E320 Wagon 2004

Available for immediate purchase is my W211, a 2004 E320 wagon, Brilliant Silver with Ash Leather interior, which I purchased from the Mercedes dealer in Ames, Iowa in March of 2005 with a little over 9K miles on the odometer. The VIN# is WDBUH65J64A465072 and the original list price was $58,058. The wagon seats seven and even the base units are loaded. In addition, this example is optioned with extra-cost paint, sunroof, navigation, six disk CD changer, and heated front seats. (See attached scan of the original window sticker.) It had been previously driven by the basketball coach of the state university as a booster perk (nice perk!) and was originally titled to the dealerís subsidiary. The original in service date was March 15, 2004 and I purchased it on March 18, 2005, so itís been in my care for most of its life.

I have maintained the car with the goal of achieving at least 250K miles; however, my three younger children have grown and the second row seats are just not wide enough for three ďadultsĒ on long trips, necessitating a change to a clunky minivan which I purchased used from an estate sale just last Friday.
I installed WeatherTech mats immediately after purchase so carpet and interior is very good to excellent condition. The rear plastic protective mat stays with the car. The WeatherTech floor mats have now been exchanged with the original MB carpet mats that have been in storage since 10K miles so are close to new condition. The front mats actually look new to me. The car has always been garaged and we generally drive our Expedition in bad weather so the Mercedes has seen limited severe weather operation and it shows. See the photos.

This E320 wagon has never been wrecked or been involved in any mishap whatsoever.

The car has been well-maintained, all repairs performed by the local Mercedes dealer. Post warranty, I have performed some of the basic maintenance myself, always using Mercedes fluids and German filters except for engine oil which has always been Mobil 1 MB spec 229.5. I have all service records plus an Excel spreadsheet in which I enter all service information and keep track of upcoming maintenance events. Iíll include a print out of the spreadsheet in the material and am happy to e-mail you the electronic version too. Additionally, the car comes with transmission dip stick, spark plug wrench, three quarts of MB transmission fluid, one-half liter of MB differential fluid, and two extra Mann oil filters.

The car currently shows 134,800 miles and is solid and tight. I am taking it out of service this week to get it ready for sale, so it should have less than 135K miles when the new owner picks it up. As far as I know, the car is mechanically perfect but it does have some minor issues: 1) A rattle comes and goes that appears to be coming from the front suspension and started with about 80K on the clock. I have had Mercedes look at this issue on more than one occasion but they invariably find nothing and assure me that all is well. 2) A repair was made on the carís COMAND system, a network issue, in January of 2012 and since that time the supplemental restraint system warning light comes on intermittently. 3) The windshield has a twelve inch crack on the lower passenger side that appeared a few months after replacing the windshield in 2007. It has not expanded since that time. 4) There are scuff marks around the passenger side fog lamp surround.

I hand-washed the car today and found no other dings or damage of note but there are minor rock chips around the front bumper area, a one-half inch very slight surface scratch on the front driver-side fender, and a few flecks of paint have rubbed off one of the door handles. The car looks very good. Tires are Continential ExtremeContact DWS with 40K miles on them; rears still good but fronts will need replaced soon.

This wagon comes with all manuals, all records, one key, and some other helpful material (some from this blog) that I will include too. I strongly prefer a cash deal but will consider a wire transfer. The vehicle is currently located in the southern suburbs of Kansas City in the town of Spring Hill, Kansas. It is titled in Missouri to my lake house address. I can pick the buyer up at the Kansas City airport with the car, let you look it over, do the deal and get you on the road ASAP. I purchased my M5 in the same manner, flying into Ft. Myers, and it worked out well for all concerned.

After we come to an agreement I will e-mail you a scanned copy of the title and a scanned version of my driverís license and will ask you to reciprocate with your driverís license. I am happy to spend whatever time youíd like going over the car and discussing what I know about it. Since youíre on this blog, you may know as much or more about it than I do and thatís fine too. The car will be delivered clean and with a full tank of fuel.

I wanted to offer the car here first since I've gotten so much info here over the years. If it's a fit for you, PM with any questions or contact info if you want a call. I am asking $10K. Pictures and window sticker scan to follow in an hour or so.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
(Thread Starter)

Pictures attached for your review.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8898.jpg
Views:	1966
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	479426   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8890.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	479427   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8888.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	479428   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8881.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	479429   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8894.jpg
Views:	734
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	479430  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8884.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	479434   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8883.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	479435   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8899.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	479436   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8886.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	479437   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8880.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	479438  

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
(Thread Starter)
Window Sticker

The original window sticker. Nav and mud guards were dealer add.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMG.pdf (901.3 KB, 134 views)
File Type: pdf IMG3.pdf (158.9 KB, 118 views)
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: