post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 1998 ML320, 2008 ML350, 1979 450 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1979 450SL R107 For Sale Arlington, VA!

I purchased this vehicle a few months back from an elderly friend who was in some financial issues. The SL had been sitting in the garage for a few years untouched. I towed it home and got it running and driving very well! Since I have owned it I have driven it very rarely, but have put in a lot of money and hours getting it to be in drivable shape! I has both the hardtop and softop. The car is no show car by any means, the paint shows signs of it's age with some rough spots, cracking, and crazing. The interior is in pretty good shape, but does still show signs of its age. However, this car is a fabulous driver! It has less than 133,000 miles on it. The title reads not actual mileage, but I can confirm this is the actual mileage. The title reads only 120k. The car is solid and in great running condition. The car does still need some love to be in perfect running shape, but it would make a wonderful winter project to enjoy in the upcoming spring!

The car also has very little rust at all. The only trouble spot on the vehicle is a small hole in the trunk panel from the old battery leaking out and causing a rust hole in the truck panel. The SL has both the hard top and the soft top included. The hardware on the soft top is in great shape but the top itself is dated and tattered and could use replacement. The Hard top is in great shape, but does leak some water through the seals. The rubber seals are dry rotted allowing water to escape by them and need to be replaced to stop the leaking. Car has always been garage kept by myself and the previous owner!

In the past few months I have done the following:

Fresh oil and filter change

Brake Fluid Flush

Rear end differential fluid flush

Brand New spark Plugs

Brand New Spark Plug wires

Brand New Distributor Cap and Rotor

Brand New OEM Mercedes Benz Battery

Brand New OEM Mercedes Benz Key

Replaced both window motors! Fully functional windows.

Cleaned and Inspected the brakes (Loads of life left on all pads and rotors)

Fixed Power steering Leak from hose

Power Steering Fluid Flush

Brand new radiator cap

Before I owned it but obvious new parts:

Bosch Fuel Filter

Bosch Fuel Pump

What the car still needs:

Power antenna so the radio will function

Small rust hole patched in the trunk panel

Two Front Tires (rear are in good shape, front are slightly dry rotted) I will throw in a set of like new goodyear tires if the price is right.

Car idles high in park in neutral only (Runs high but once in drive the idle is perfect and does not effect drivability at all)

Cosmetic work if desired (But hey its a driver not a show car!)

Rubber seals replaced on the hard top and new soft top fabric installed if interested.

I no longer have the original wheels.

As I said before the car is a great car just to run around town in and cruise around! It is not in perfect shape, but it is nice to be able to drive around DC and not worry about it being damaged while parked. It is a wonderful car and is really just in need of a good home! I have a lot of money and time into this vehicle, but am very willing to discuss my price and am some what flexible.

Asking 3500 OBO but will discuss for sure. I just want to see it in a good home! Feel free to call my cell to discuss 703 six one eight 1500.

Thank you!

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: