#1 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:33 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2005 CLK500 w/18K !
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dead Smart Keys in Los Angeles - Free Repair ?!?!?

Hey guys,

I have been driving a W124 for a few years and posting occsionally with the expected and standard issues.

I recently got a W209 and will be selling the 400e soon.

As explained in the linked thread, I have duplicated the work done by a couple other people who brought dead Smart Keys to life.

So I am looking for a few more learning experiences.

Ideal candidates have 1 dead Smart Key that was NOT removed from vehicle EIS/MCU/ECU at a dealership.

Further, it would be great if you already bought a Chrome Smart Key in the mistaken belief that they could be "reprogrammed". The Chrome key needs to have the circular "panic" button and needs to work. (ie, the red light blinks when you push buttons). So, to be clear, these are both items of no value to you as they are now. I was amazed to make the transfer on one of my own keys recently and would like to learn more by doing this again.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...ey-hole-3.html

I have my former black key that I can offer up for free but it is a little worn, would be best if you got a CHROME ONE WITH ROUND PANIC BUTTON.

I am going to buy some more Chrome ones and do my 2nd key but just love that feeling of making something from nothing.

Somewhere in LA there must be some dead Smart Keys taking up space in a drawer or glovebox, etc.

No charge for this,I just want to learn and potentially help a few people avoid dropping $250 at MB dealership. If you end up with a working key, you can get me a six pack but that is all I would ask. (And that you write something about it here)

I would rather NOT do this with your only working key. I would prefer that you bring the car with you so we can test on the spot and know right away if it works.

I would ask you first to make sure it is same exact kind as the picture I listed. I don't know if earlier ones had same chip, it is a 30 pin TSOP NEC IC chip. You could disassemble and take pix first to avoid driving to Hollywood for nothing.

Last edited by 93SoCal400E; 10-07-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway