post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2012
Vehicle: 1986 420SEL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Need Engine Parts for 86 420sel

Been hearing some knocking on my motor and its gotten worse along with more spots making the sound. especially after an oil change today, im extremely unhappy about it especially as i was told it was bad rod bearings. now i can find a full set of rod bearings no problem for 150$ but what i need to know is Does anyone here have a crankshaft for this car? its a 1986 420sel with the 4.2 v8. i THINK it is the m120 motor if i am not mistaken. If any one here has a crankshaft that is in good condition I would be much appreciative, this will help get a little more life out of this motor. If not I have to save up for the next 6 to 8 months to get an lt1 with standalone EMS/ECU. custom wiring harness etc. if i do that i want to do it all the way and the right way. but my question is. Does anyone have a crankshaft for this car that i might purchase off them. I am willing to do money orders, paypal or whatever i need to. Pm me please, or reply with places that might be good sources. pullapart is not a good choice for me as charlotte wont have anything and winston salem is to blasted far for a full motor. Thank you much in advance.

Oh also good places for piston rings and valve seals etc. If im going to rebuild the motor and its cheaper than swapping an lt1 by what i can the lt1 will be around 2k the rebuild for this motor could be upwards of 3k. Correct me if i am wrong.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: