FS: 1969 MB 220D, 4 speed column shift, tons of new/replaced parts SA, TX $1800OBO - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Mar 2012
Vehicle: 1969 Mercedes Benz 220D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FS: 1969 MB 220D, 4 speed column shift, tons of new/replaced parts SA, TX $1800OBO

I am looking to sell my wonderful 1969 Mercedes Benz 220D that I have put some serious work into, but unfortunately needs a bit more to be a beauty. It is a cream with beige interior, 4 speed column shift manual (really neat!), with just over 100,000 miles on the body. Overall cosmetically, this car is in wonderful condition. It was restored by the previous owner in 2005 cosmetically, but since the engine was so fresh, only a small amount of mechanical maintenance had been performed until recently. I have since replaced the entire engine with a gently used 1970 220D engine with 34,000 original miles. The car runs like a beauty, but unfortunately, there are some small issues that need to be attended to before this unique car can start cruising in style!

Awesome paint
Minimal body damage (see pictures)
Fabulous interior
100,000 miles on the body
Odometer works
Column Shift Manual
Recent Engine swap done at a local Mercedes shop
Engine replaced in last 500 miles
Strong Transmission
Many new parts with engine swap including engine mounts, transmissions mounts etc.
Much more...

The BAD:

Needs new linkage coupler gromets ($295 parts and labor at Autohaus)
Needs new subframe mounts ($200 part at Autohaus)
Needs steering coupler replaced ($150 part at Autohaus)

With these few things, this awesome classic will be ready for the open road, with a fresh engine!

The car is currently located in San Antonio, TX at the Autohaus Mercedes Shop, awaiting these repairs. I have neither the time nor money for this, as I am moving out of the state in the next couple of weeks. I am asking only $1800 OBO for this beauty! Please PM me or feel free to call/text me at 210.528.8758 with any questions.

More pictures of the car can be seen at:
Flickr: Brownd4138's Photostream
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: