See my eBay listing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMG-/...orcev4exp=true
Mercedes "muscle car" in good condition cosmetically and mechanically, inside and out (clean and sharp) and a trill to drive. Firm responsive ride, yet still luxurious. Tight responsive steering and cornering. Amazing acceleration (5.9 sec) and top speed (181 mph). The exhaust tone makes a lovely growl, yet still sophisticated. Many of these have two tone interiors, this one is all black with burl walnut trim (I think much nicer). It has been maintained by Mercedes of Fairfield (an AMG Certified Dealer) and all records can be accessed. It was only made for a little more than two years -- all by AMG! The 1999 Model is the one to have because all the bugs are worked out. When I bring it into the dealer the mechanics say things like "I hear that thing is a rocket!".
Model: C43 Sedan ///AMG
Engine: M113.944 V8
Transmission: 722.6 or 5G-TRONIC AMG "ManuMatic" With selectable shift points (W "wet" or "winter" and S "sport" or "standard")
Location: Redding, CT, USA (Just outside New York City)
Mileage: 188,500. I live near New York City, and commute to Boston for work (400 miles round trip). Consequently these are almost all highway miles at 65 mph.
Note 1: The dash photo was taken with the engine running. No warning lights on. Smooth low idle, etc. All working perfectly. (Notice no pixels are missing)
Note 2: The car averages ~25 mpg and can get as high as ~28 mpg on the highway (I have records of milage performance available if needed). This is well above specifications. This is further and ultimate proof of everything working well.
NICE OPTIONS (From factory OEM)
Suspension factory lowered 1 inch
AMG Aerodynamic body kit (front air dam, side skirts, rear diffuser)
Fold down rear seats for more cargo space
Ski pass through center of back seats from trunk
10 Way Lumbar adjustable seats (oh so nice on long drives)
Carbon fiber look exterior door trim and wheel caps
Six CD changer (mounted in trunk) with OEM cassette.
Stereo amplifier (mounted inside trunk up top) with 400 Watts
Full size spare and AMG wheel (same as fronts)
Rain sensing wipers
Window tinting on 4 doors (20%) and rear (5% "Limo") provide great privacy and eliminates glare from following cars
Front air dam (chin spoiler)
Rear lights LED (The original ones are prone to leaking and burning out bulbs)
Front clear corner turn signals blinkers (much nicer than yellow OEM ones on a white car)
Front grill with Mercedes Star
Power tap 12DC near driver
Burl walnut shift knob
Rubber all weather floor mats
Upgraded tires: Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra Performance Tires (see below for details)
SPARE PARTS (Included)
Spare ignition key (these things are $300 each)
All the original ownership books, manuals, etc (see photo)
Original 1999 Mercedes C Class Sales Brochure featuring this car.
(1) It was in an accident on 4/16/2005 in Washington DC with 50,000 miles on the odometer. It was a minor fender bender and the right front headlight was damaged. It has been fully repaired/restored by Mercedes Benz Dealer.
(2) It was repossesed on 12/18/2008 in Arlington VA with 133,209 miles on the odometer. Someone bought the car on credit and couldn't afford the notes (who could blame 'um for wanting such a nice car?).
Note 1: The first owner put most of the years and miles on it (and obviously loved the car).
Note 2: The second owner didn't have it long. I am in effect, the second real owner (and I love it too).
Note 3: The car is in great shape and none of this checkered past effects it today.
Note 4: I paid $8,500 cash for the car at 133.5k miles from a NJ dealer.
Note 5: I have put ~$5,000 of Mercedes Service into it since.
Note 6: I have the title in my possession and it is clear (no liens, etc.). All I have to do is sign the back and it's yours.
The Mercedes-Benz W202 C43 ///AMG version was introduced in late 1997 to replace the C36 AMG. Unlike the C36,
· The C43 was the first C-Class to be equipped with a V8 engine.
· The C43 was the first AMG car to be completely assembled at the AMG plant in Affalterbach (after the acquisition of AMG by Daimler-Benz in 1998).
· Only about 430 C43 saloons (sedans) were imported into the US in 1999.
The new flagship for the C-Class in 1999 was the C 43 AMG, powered by a 4.3 L V8, which could achieve 306 PS (302 hp/225 kW) at 5850 rpm, with a torque of 410 N·m (302 lb·ft) at 3250 rpm (also available as a station wagon). This car is typically called "muscle car" reflecting the continuous race for power between the German car makers - and so represent the response from Mercedes-Benz AMG to the '96 version of the E36 BMW M3. “Only 1,500 of these ultra-performance cars will be imported to the U.S. over a three-year period. Priced at $52,750, the mid-size C43 features a modified version of the new-generation V8 engine from the full-size E430 sedan. With higher-lift modular camshafts and a freer-flowing intake and exhaust system, horsepower is boosted to 302 (up 10 percent over the standard 275 hp figure) for superb overall performance, including 0-60 mph acceleration of 5.9 seconds.”–Mercedes America April 22, 1998
This car was manufactured for a little more than two years – from end 1997 to spring 2000 for a total of 4'200 units – ratio 20% estate – 80% saloon.
1998 579 units (introduction of AMG assembly of the entire car)
1999 546 units (436 sedan/saloons in the US and only few white ones)
2000 25 units (remaining 1999 models)
Total C43s for the US Market = 1147 units
Model: C43 AMG
EPA Fuel Economy – city 16
EPA Fuel Economy – highway 22
EPA Fuel Economy – observed 18
Coefficient of Drag (cd) 0.32
0-100 km/h (0-60 mph) (sec) 5.8
1/4 mile (E.T.) 14.2
Top speed 181
Fuel Tank Capacity: 16.4 gal.
Range in Miles: Automatic: 262.4 mi. / 344.4 mi. / 295.2 mi.
The Mercedes-Benz M113 (and similar M155) engine is a V8 automobile piston engine family used in the 2000s. It was based on the similar M112 V6 introduced in 1998. The standard Mercedes-Benz M113s are built in Untertürkheim, Germany, while the AMG E55 versions are assembled at AMG's Affalterbach, Germany plant. M113s have aluminum engine blocks and aluminum DOHC cylinder heads, but the supercharged M113 in the E55 uses SOHC cylinder heads. The cylinders are lined with silicon/aluminum, and the heads have 3 valves per cylinder and two plugs per cylinder. Other features include SFI fuel injection, fracture-split forged steel connecting rods, a one-piece cast camshaft, and a magnesium intake manifold. The town of Affalterbach, just outside Stuttgart, is home to the Mercedes-AMG facility.
Engines are hand-assembled on-site and partial construction of whole AMG models takes place with a workforce of about 400. -- Robert Allan, Mercedes-Benz USA AMG / designo / Special Vehicles Product Manager, December 30, 1999.
On its debut, the C-Class was the only Mercedes model with a complete lineup of multi-valve engines. With the 1997 restyling, a lot of things changed under the hood of the Baby Benz. The standard engne, was the Mercedes-Benz M113 engine, a 4.3 L (4266 cc) version . Bore is 89.9 mm and stroke is 84 mm. Output is 279 hp (208 kW) at 5750 rpm with 295 ft·lbf (400 Nm) of torque at 3000-4400 rpm. The variant used in the C43 ///AMG is upgraded. The C 43 ///AMG engine is a tuned version of the 4.3 liter M113 V8 engine originally found on the W210 E430 model. After modifications this engine deliver 306PS (225kW) at 5'850rpm, up to 410Nm(302 lb/ft) of torque at 3'250rpm-5'000rpm (taken at the crank) and up to 241EHP at 6'320rpm measured at the wheels. According to Mercedes-Benz, the car can reach 155MPH (249km/h), with electronic speed limitation and 181MPH (291km/h) without.
Bloc engine (M113.944)
· 4.3 liter (4'266cm³) (260 cubic inces) V8 longitudinal at 90° (made from aluminium alloy)
· Two single overhead (DSOHC) – lightweight camshaft (made from composite material)
· Cylinder with 89.9mm bore and 84mm stroke
· Compression ratio 10.0 : 1
· Two spark plugs per cylinder
· Three valves per cylinder – 2 intake 1 exhaust
· Wide air intake manifold with long magnesium intake tubes
· Large fuel injector
· 2x1 ACT timing distribution chain
Note: This engine weighs nearly the same as the much lower powered 6 cylinder engine.
Applications of the Bloc engine:
· 1998-2003 CLK430
· 1998-2002 E430
· 1999-2001 ML430
· 1998-2000 C43 AMG
· 1999-2006 S430
Note: This engine is used in much heavier cars, without the AMG tuning.
· Electronic fuel injection. Bosch Motronic (ME 2.0) fuel injection system
· Chrome exhaust tips with AMG logo.
· Large exhaust system to optimise the flow area.
· New muffler that minimise the exhaust gas back pressure
· Two catalytic converters near the engine and two underfloor (all made from ceramic material)
Transmission is an AMG-modified version of the five speed automatic gearbox found on 1998-2000 R129 SL 500. Main modifications were made in order to achieve a more crisper and better adapted gearbox to higher-rpm upshifts. At the launch all W202 variants were equipped with a 5-speed manual gearbox. The 722.4 4-speed automatic transmission, also called 4G-TRONIC, was available as extra cost (standard on the C36///AMG). In 1996 this old transmission - which was on sale since 1981 - was replaced by a 5-speed automatic gearbox (aka 722.5 or 5G-TRONIC), which received the manual shifting in 1999 (722.6) and used in the C43///AMG. In 2000 the T-Model, the only still on sale, was equipped with the G56 6-speed manual transmission. 1997 ASR became standard in the C 280s equipped with the automatic transmission and in the C36 AMG
· Manumatic gearbox with full automatic and manual speed selector positions
· 'Winter' (Wet) and 'Standard' (Sport) positions button. 'Winter' starts in 2nd and upshifts more quickly when used as a full automatic gearbox.
· 1st gear 3.59
· 2nd gear 2.19
· 3rd gear 1.41
· 4th gear 1.00
· 5th gear 0.83
· Lowered 1 inch (25.4 mm) from standard C Class
· Double Independent double wishbone with coil springs, gas-pressurized shock absorbers and stabilizer bar. bars
· AMG-Bilstein shock absorbers
· Lowered 1 inch (25.4 mm) from standard C Class
· Rear 5-arm multilink AMG calibrated suspension with coil springs, and stabilizer bar.
· AMG-Bilstein shock absorbers
· AMG labeled calipers
· AMG labeled rotors
· Four channel 300mm (11.81”) ventilated discs brake at the front -- Almost 12" of brake rotor up front!
· Four channel 289mm (11.38”) ventilated discs brake in the rear
· Bosch ESP – ABS and TCS Taken from the W210 E 55 AMG (a much heavier car).
· Front: Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra Performance Tires: P225/45 ZR17 94W (8.8 inches wide contact patch)
· Rear: Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra Perforamnce Tires: P245/40 ZR17 95W (9.6 inch wide contact patch) -- Almost 10" of rubber in back!
Note: This car currently has significantly upgraded tires from OEM. Specifically this can be observed in the tire markings: The first two digits (94W) represent the tire's load index (94 = 1,477 lbs and 95 = 1,521 lbs) and are followed by a single letter (94W) identifying the tire's speed rating. Higher load ratings identify tires that have a stronger internal construction. The stronger the internal constructions, the stiffer the sidewalls, and the better the car will handle. To identify the "recommended" load, divide the vehicle weight of 3,448 lbs by the 4 tires and you get 862 pounds (these upgraded tires have nearly double this capacity). Higher speed ratings identify tires top speed capability and stronger construction overall. The stronger the construction the better the tire will handle higher speeds, aggressive braking, hard cornering and acceleration. In this case "W" is used for "Exotic Sports Cars" indicating the top speed of the tire has been tested in excess of 168 MPH (270 km/h). These tires are almost new and still have most of their original tread depth.
· Front 17x7.5" ET35 Wheel Part#: A2024010302/B66020083
· Rear 17x8.5" ET30 Wheel Part#: A2024010102/B66020085
· Manufacturer: Mercedes-Benz AMG
· Wheel Type: ///AMG Areo II Monoblock Silver
· Wheel Material: Aluminum Alloy
· Wheel Structure: One Piece
· Wheel Bolt Pattern (millimeters): 5x112
MEASUREMENT AND CAPACITY
· Wheelbase 2670 mm (105.1 in)
· Length 4505 mm (177.4 in)
· Width 1720 mm (67.7 in)
· Height 1425 mm (56.1 in)
· Weight : 1570Kg for the sedan and 1610Kg for the estate (wagon) version
· Trunk volume : 430 liters
· Tank volume : 62 liters without the optional expansion unit
· Xenon HID low beam headlights
· 6 CD changer (in trunk)
· Rain sensor
· Designo interior
· Tank expansion unit
Black leather and dark burl walnut trim.
White ///AMG gauges.
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 5.9 sec.
Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 121 ft.
Road Holding Index: .84 g
Base Number of Cylinders: 8
Base Engine Size: 4.3 liters
Base Engine Type: V8
Horsepower: 302 hp
Max Horsepower: 5850 rpm
Torque: 302 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 3250 rpm
Drive Type: RWD
Turning Circle: 35.2 ft.
Length: 177.4 in.
Width: 67.7 in.
Height: 56.1 in.
Wheel Base: 105.9 in.
Curb Weight: 3448 lbs.