For Sale: 1969 Mercedes 280se (ALL Original) - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2011
Vehicle: 2010 Mercedes E350, 2006 BMW Z4 3.0si; previous: 1969 Mercedes 280se, 2006 Mercedes C230 Sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
For Sale: 1969 Mercedes 280se (ALL Original)

After much deliberation, and an upcoming wedding that won't subside in costs, I have decided to part with my girl......the Mercedes in this case. I haven't even had her for a year, purchasing it off the original owner in December 2011.
The car was an incredible find. It was originally purchased at Howard Hughes Mercedes in Riverside, CA. After a year, the original owner moved up to the Monterey area, where the car was serviced at Stahl Motors religiously. I know this because the owner provided me the maintenance book (with all stamps) along with every service slip.
The Mercedes is ALL original, except for the RadioShack cassette player. And yes, I even have the documentation for that radio and two rear speakers. It has 184,xxx fully documented miles. The car is the inline 6 with air conditioning. The exterior, as mentioned, is all original. The car appears to be a show winner from 5+ feet away, but when you get close, you will see slight blemishes, as expected on a 10 year old car, much less a 43 year old car. The original paint has a deep shine and is silky smooth. All chrome is original, with barely any imperfections. The condition of the trunk is what sealed the deal for me; it was amazing the shape of the trunk, mats, and original spare.
Interior-wise? the original owner had seat covers and a steering wheel cover on the car for the past 43 years. When those were pulled off, I gather this is what seats looked like as they rolled off the factory floor. The carpets are exceptionally clean as well. The wood is perfect and still shines. Headliner is amazing. I give the interior a 9.85/10, and the exterior a 7/10.
Along with the fully operational and perfectly running and maintained car, I have every manual (owner's, maintenance, air conditioning, and even mercedes care) along with the leather case, 2 sets of original keys (even the original key chain) and the valet key. Everything works on this car. All lights, etc. It starts right up and is a pleasure to drive.
The Mercedes was kept in the garage its entire life.....but was driven, as the 185,xxx miles suggest.
I am asking $8,000. The folks at the local Mercedes club suggested I should ask much more ($10K-$12K), but I feel $8K is more realistic, and priced to sell. Yes, one can buy a fully restored and impeccable car for that price or less, but as I have been reminded, they are only all original once.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	engagement02.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	459603   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8813.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	459604   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8760.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	459605   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8791.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	459606   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8808.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	459607  

Last edited by SF W108; 08-03-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 12:07 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Sep 2010
Vehicle: 1999 SL500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to bgalakazam
Very nice car! I believe I saw it before in the vintage photo thread.

Good luck with the sale.

my 1999 SL500 maintenance/repairs

past: 1980 240D Getrag, 1992 190E 2.3, 1993 400E
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: