Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS:1993 500E

4K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  MY911S 
#1 · (Edited)
Regretably selling my beloved 500E beautiful unusual Garnet Red well maintained by the best shops in SoCal Mr Mb and Beach Benz.
180k miles. best thing about the car is it's bone stock original and no modifications. all the body panels and glass are original (sticker on the rear bumper, sigla factory glass), original paint faded in some areas. if you're looking for a restored "10" this isn't it but if you're looking for an honest, original car that drives well this is it. 2 items that are minor and i was going to address at some point is the driver's seat (electrical cable) and power steering pump. i was going to do those at my leisure because i never thought i'd sell this one but an opportunity to purchase a special porsche suddenly came up and I need to come up with some funds.

Some pictures:

500E pictures by carlo186 - Photobucket

Videos:

http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx250/carlo186/500E/?action=view&current=500Einterior.mp4

http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx250/carlo186/500E/?action=view&current=500exterior.mp4

http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx250/carlo186/500E/?action=view&current=500E.mp4

Speaking of videos check out the Garnet Red in this 500E video :)

And finally I forgot to add in the intent of full disclosure 2 more things, headliner in the back is loose and also driver side mirror black plastic is cracked.

email carlo186@yahoo.com

See less See more
#5 ·
Let me just say. That licence plate :yelrotflmao::bowdown: I need that for mine and I also really like that color, it stands out agianst the normal blacks and whites/silvers and my family used to have a 300E 4matic in the same color and I used to make fun of it by calling it "purple"... but it has grown on me

#10 ·
Didn't watch both videos but noticed

1) Headliner is loose

2) Missing button on control for A/C heat

3) Steering wheel unthreading

4) Sunroof needs maintenance, at a minimum.

Just my take

PS Was it repainted?
Those kind of miles, and the leading edge of the fenders is clean?

#11 · (Edited)
1,2,3 and 4 are pretty inconsequential issues.. perhaps a $500 deduct for reconditioning/accepted wear and tear.. a repaint would be a major bummer on an otherwise all original "specialty" car.. especially since the eco-unfriendly paint from those days were so perfectly indestructible, if taken care of properly.. sadly, only half of the older MB's ive owned had still retained their original paint by avoiding 20 years of fender benders and been garaged with lots of love.. the ones that had good repaints, were never had the sharpness and continuity as the 20 year original ones i had and loved..

im glad to hear someone say the love the color.. not a big fan, and absolutely despise gray interior on any car other than one with a silver exterior.... that being said, I have a spruce green on cream beige 400E that I like.. and surely its not a favorite either!

#15 · (Edited)
Ouch! Ive never attempted to buy a head liner from the dealer... never paid more than $150-200 to replace one, parts and labor, but dont recall ever doing a headliner in a old benz though.... but i suppose if someone wanted to keep the car as original as possible, theyd have little choice but to buy a OE replacement..

For "my" $700, id be tempted to go with a full black alcantera headliner, plus door card inserts, arm rests, etc.. if it were a black interior..

I doubt the seller is a "frequent forumer", so he probably doesnt have his eyes glued to this posting.. my guess is he'd rather lay back and wait for someone serious to email him an offer(rather than jerk offs such as myself blabbing online about it)...

Too much "price discovery" in these cars' market values and thin availability, so my bet is he'd rather not disclose his asking price for fear he'd miss out on that "one" buyer that desperately wants this color combo and will pay all the money(>$10k)... I dont blame him for this approach, however I think it provokes more critical speculation when posted on a forum; which leads me to my next jerkoff statement: I have to say it - this color combo is a bit emasculating(it doesnt really personify a "wolf in sheeps clothing") so i could understand his approach to fishing for offers(assuming im not being an assumptive over-opinionated internet jerk off commentator.. but i think I already proved that.. sorry'bout'that)

#16 ·
I still think the way the 500E emblem is sitting that there's been a problem in the rear. It's probably been hit and bondo'd and the idiots at the body shop didn't know where to put it. The owner should be defending his car. If not, what everybody is saying can be viewed as the truth. The car has various knocks against it as most older cars do. The owner must be fishing for offers but this is a tough crowd and the more people that chime in, the worse it gets.

#19 ·
FS 1993 500E - WDBEA36E4PB8944355

Hi gang. Sorry for the absence or non-response. Not that I'm offended with the posts or I'm hiding things about the car, just been busy and i don't really frequent the forums much :) Bought my Euro Carrera and I've been busy enjoying that car, and my girlfriend always has us doing stuff with friends and family and selling this car kind of got placed in the backburner of priorities.

Anyway, I quickly glanced at what's been posted and I think the posts are pretty much spot on what the "issues" are -headliner, etc etc...so yay for my videos so you all can see what the car is about.

Basically it's a cool ride and I enjoy driving it and I have seen thumbs up driving around in Huntington Beach and other places haha. Yea now that someone pointed the emblem position out I think it may have had a minor hit in the back, but it is the original rear bumper and car runs straight and true.

Looks like I also screwed up on the price so let me add that the price is $9000.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.