LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Oct 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Wtb Mercedes 15" bundts Arc,Centra,Ats, factory

Looking for 1 or 2 pieces of Mercedes 15" bundts.. Arc, centra,ats etc...
Any leads will be appreciated.
Would also buy a set if needed.

Pm me..

Thanks in advance.

Looking for 1 15" ARC & 1 Centra Bundts wheels
'76 300D '84 300DT
'86 300SDL '91 300D 2.5 Turbo
'92 300E Sportline '92 400E
'88 560SEC '89 560SEL
'90 300E-24 '82 230CE
'88 250d 5 speed '88 300d 5 speed
' 88 300te 5 speed X2
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 03:40 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello here is a copy of an ad I ran a few weeks ago on ebay. They did not meet the reserve price so they are still for sale. I have received an offer of 800.00
I'm nor really sure what their value is. Greg

For sale is a group of 4 wheels. I have resisted using the word set because 3 of the wheels carry the same German TUV certification nunber KBA 40525 and are from a matched set. The information on these wheels reads: Made in Germany 7J15 H2 e23. The other wheel is an ATS wheel German TUV number KBA40390 of the same size and offset but ever so slightly different. The information from this wheel reads Made in Germany 7JCH e23 ATS. This wheel appears nearly new with little use, while the other three are in need of repainting. I assume it was obtained as a replacement at some point. It actually took me some time to recognize the slight differences in appearance. Only by placing the wheels right next to eachother, was I able to see those differences. Once I realized the ATS rim had a slightly deeper rim lip I knew what to look for. If the wheels were placed on a vehicle with tires mounted only someone who was already aware of the differences in form could recognize the ever so slight differences. These wheels came to me on a 280 sl Euro I purchased a few years ago. I replaced them with a set of AMG pentas that I liked better at the time. Recently I saw a set of these wheels on German Ebay with the lips polished and the centers painted. They were so beautiful as to be almost breath taking. I have restored a number of sets of wheels in the past and find these 4 to be in excellent condition with no rim rash. They have been casually washed to remove grime but not scrubbed intensely. The outside of the 3 wheels needing painting should need nothing more than a light wet sanding and painting. I have chosen not to do this in advance of selling them as I personally would prefer to get unrestored items so I can see the actual condition prior to being worked on. I assumed most purchasers would like the same. I have seen some of these wheels for sale on German Ebay but the shipping costs tend to be prohibitive. I have not seen any for sale in the US since I got this group. Google does provide some imformation about these wheels and their usage. It appears that they are a desired commodity for owners of the large sedans especially those fitted with the 6.9 liter beast of an engine. From reading, it appears their desirability over the 14 inch rims revolves around finding high speed rated tires that also have heavy weight ratings for the large MB cars. They are also cool since they are somewhat larger than the 14s. These wheels fit well on my 280 sl Euro 107 and also looked pretty good on a 123 diesel coupe I own. But their main attraction will be for those with the BIG sedans. I would prefer selling these wheels as a group and not breaking up the set but will consider selling them individually if they do not sell as a group of 4. Of course the cost of the individually sold wheels would have to make it worthwhile to sell that way. I'll be glad to respond to questions....But I am not an expert on the offset of the large sedans and do not have access to one to check on mounting, but I assume that anyone who is really interested in these wheels already has that info at hand. Hopefully these wheels will soon find a new happy home. BTW there is no noticeable curb rash on any of the wheels. But of course they are being sold as is in used condition. Again this auction is for a group of 4 wheels. I am not expecting to ship these internationally but will consider requests made prior to the completion of the sale. Shipping in the US is 200.00. I recently shipped 4 16x8 Ronal Pentas and the cost was 35.00 per wheel so I am not expecting to make any profit on the shipping.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: