MUST SELL! Rare, Classic Mercedes 300 SEL 6.3 - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
OldArmy, thanks for posting. Yeah, I guess it's not all that rare. However this car has been maintained by my grandfather the same, IF NOT BETTER, than any 6.3 you've seen. The car is in San Antonio. (which I said in this page.) and yes I did put it on craigslist in dallas because I needed to sell it fast and thought I might find a buyer there. I'm very close to selling it now. for a car that's "not rare", I sure have seen a lot of interest.
But yeah, thanks again for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 11:08 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1987 560SL
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I am not picking on your car, but the Craigslist ad said the car was *IN* Dallas. It should have said San Antonio. I set a message to that ad and got no reply. I was asking about the mileage on the car, etc. The way you answered some of the honest questions here was squirrely too. It makes one wonder....
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 04:53 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 1985 380sl 1973mgmidget
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
nice looking car
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 06:20 AM
Supreme Sandwich

Date registered: Aug 2010
Vehicle: '84 Euro 500SE, '85 Euro 2.3-16, '51 Euro 170S, '97 Jeep Wrangler Sport, '08 BMW Z4 3.0si, '09 E350
Location: San Antonio, Texas/Gulf Breeze, Florida/Neustadt a.d. Aisch, Deutschland
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
I am not picking on your car, but the Craigslist ad said the car was *IN* Dallas. It should have said San Antonio. I set a message to that ad and got no reply. I was asking about the mileage on the car, etc. The way you answered some of the honest questions here was squirrely too. It makes one wonder....
He's close to selling it, I wouldn't worry about it anymore.

'85 Euro 190E 2.3-16
'84 Euro 500SE ~100k miles
'51 Euro 170S *Being reborn*
'97 Jeep Wrangler Sport ~42k miles
'08 BMW Z4 3.0 si ~14.3k miles
'09 E350 ~51k miles
'98 Dodge Durango SLT+ 5.9L Magnum V8

~Josh
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
rwa, thank you.

oldarmy, i dont take anything you said personally. You can pick on the car all you want. I only get defensive because I know how much this car has been cared for by people very important in my life. (who arent here anymore.) Anyone has the right to ask any question theyd like and im doing my best to answer them as im not an authority on cars. i apologize if my lack of knowledge seems "squirrelly". It was listed as in Dallas because I have family there and was thinking of having the car moved there. I can see why that might be confusing.

Im in the process of having a professional document the car with a ton of photos and upload all of the maintanence records for the lifetime of the car and the complete parts listing.

Im not trying to be rude, squirrelly, or anything else. Im just trying to sell something thats been important to my family for a long time. Its bad enough that I have to do that, so I just want to make sure I atleast get a fair price. Thats all.

PS When I say Im very close to selling it, I mean that I have several reasonable offers on the table that I am entertaining. It hasnt been sold yet, but hopefully will be soon.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 01:06 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: '55 W120 180, '08 W211 E350 Sportline
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Everyone wants to get as much as posible for a car they are selling. The issue is that you are using this for sale forum as an auction. This is not the purpose of this site. If you read the sticky post entitled READ THIS BEFORE POSTING! (Section posting rules) you would understand that. If you want to auction the car then list it on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMM View Post
rwa, thank you.

oldarmy, i dont take anything you said personally. You can pick on the car all you want. I only get defensive because I know how much this car has been cared for by people very important in my life. (who arent here anymore.) Anyone has the right to ask any question theyd like and im doing my best to answer them as im not an authority on cars. i apologize if my lack of knowledge seems "squirrelly". It was listed as in Dallas because I have family there and was thinking of having the car moved there. I can see why that might be confusing.

Im in the process of having a professional document the car with a ton of photos and upload all of the maintanence records for the lifetime of the car and the complete parts listing.

Im not trying to be rude, squirrelly, or anything else. Im just trying to sell something thats been important to my family for a long time. Its bad enough that I have to do that, so I just want to make sure I atleast get a fair price. Thats all.

PS When I say Im very close to selling it, I mean that I have several reasonable offers on the table that I am entertaining. It hasnt been sold yet, but hopefully will be soon.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Hi Everyone!!

I have someone handling the sale of this car now.

There is a Sale Announcement Pamphlet Available via email (PDF) that includes all of the details. If interested, simply send me a quick email to the address below and I will reply with the Announcement.

All the best!!
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 11:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1996 E320, 2005 Toyota Camry
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
z

Carrot and stick?
Hemersam
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 12:40 PM

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: ...
we just got the stick...
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
This car will be sold within the next 3 weeks. I have sent the Announcement of Sale brochure to over 200 individuals and have begun the process of answering questions and taking offers.

No tricks. No gimmicks.

If you're interested in being involved in the process, I'd be more than happy to send you the document to your email. The rest is up to you. Bottom line.

Thank you for your time.

All the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in