Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: '84 300TD converted to run on straight vegetable oil (SVO) - 177K miles

1K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  jrkemfort 
#1 ·
I am selling my 1984 300TD wagon. Only 177,000 miles. Engine runs great. The body is in good condition, only a few rust spots hear and there. The car was converted to run on vegetable oil by the previous owner's brother, who is a mercedes mechanic. The conversion works great and is very easy to use/maintain (it only requires a filter to be changed every 1,000-1,200 miles; the filters cost less than $10). The veggie oil tank is located underneath the rear hatch, making it very easy to access and fill. I used filtered waste vegetable oil from restaurants, which I got for free. There are a few minor problems with the car, but nothing that has kept it off the road. There is a rust hole in the firewall on the passenger side. There is also a parasitic battery drain that requires me to disconnect the battery to prevent the battery from being drained overnight. Finally, the car does slip out of park every now and then when I go to park it. If I just put the car back into reverse and then slowly shift into park, it locks into park. Usually only after 1 or 2 tries.

This is a really unique car and I'm hoping to find a buyer who is interested in using the SVO conversion. If you are willing to get your hands dirty and do the extra work of collecting and filtering veggie oil, this car can save you some money. It would be ideal for anyone with a long commute.

I've attached some pictures below. The one is of the "veggie consule," which contains the switch for the heaters, and another switch to flip back and forth between diesel and oil. Another picture is of the veggie oil tank under the hatch.

$4300 cash or make your best offer. I'm located near Hamburg, PA. About 1.5 hours northwest of Philly. If you would like more info or have any questions please email me, jrkemfort123@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.